Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I am now working as a Process Operator so changed my units slightly and purchased Distributed Control Systems.

I have just submitted TMA1 of the DCS unit and to be honest for the assignment I copied diagrams and extracts from the Blackboard lessons. Some of the questions were exactly the same as the lesson self-assessment questions. Hopefully I haven't achieved a low mark for being lazy but I couldn't see an alternative way of answering. Compared to the heavy mathematics of EEP it seems way too quick and easy.

Thanks guys I took a short break to start DCS but should really get EEP3 finalized, I'll be in touch soon when I read back over it. Cheers.
All good man :) This one is a pig to be honest, the content is in the lesson notes to get you through it, but you really do need to siege through the crap for the equations/methods to answer them. Synethesis of the complex waveform took me a few weeks or researching software which could do it and I can let you know what it is etc when on it

I’m struggling a bit with the distributed control systems module (DCS). All the answers are pretty much in the book but it seems too easy and I’ve been marked down a bit before for short answers on the pneumatics module. I can’t find any reading material in regards to taking the answers further. There isn’t even a module reading list on blackboard. Does anyone who has done DCS module want to swap notes etc? It’s my 7th module so happy to swap notes on my other modules

It’s not too bad but as I said there’s not really any additional information that I can find that provides further background. All of the answers seem to be in the book but I’m just very cautious about copying directly. I’ve not handed anything in yet so not sure what they’re looking for really. I had a question on the pneumatics module TMA that was exactly the same as one of the questions in the earlier self assessments. I copied their answer word for word and got marked down for providing too short an answer.

It’s not too bad but as I said there’s not really any additional information that I can find that provides further background. All of the answers seem to be in the book but I’m just very cautious about copying directly. I’ve not handed anything in yet so not sure what they’re looking for really. I had a question on the pneumatics module TMA that was exactly the same as one of the questions in the earlier self assessments. I copied their answer word for word and got marked down for providing too short an answer.
Hi Hilldog,

Google " lessons in Industrial instrumentation " it is a free pdf . It has all the Info you require for that module.
Cheers Rigpig

Anyone completed DCS Assignment 2, Question 5?

Using the information below, produce a set of calibration figures for the control loop TICA1945.

T11495 Range = 100 to 420 degrees c
TICA1495 SP = PV = 300 degrees c
TCV1495 = 30%

Struggling with this one can’t find anything similar in the lesson material.

I've completed the maths bridging module and submitted my results over a week ago, how do i progress onto beginning the full HNC?
Think once it comes back as passed they’ll inform you so you can purchase your first module or you can call up the tuole admin team and ask to be enrolled onto it (easier in my opinion as they are very helpful normally)

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock