Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi There. A bit about myself, Im a time served electrician self employed for around 20 years. As time went by the knees started to play up, so hung up the tools and started working for a large electronics manufacturing company working as an electrical safety engineer. My qualifications as it stands are: 2330 L3, 2394, 2395, 18th, 2919, 2377. I have always wanted to undertake the HNC, but with work and family commitments back then, I put it on hold. I am now 41 with grown up kids and a little spare time. I approached my company and asked if they would support me financially through the HNC, and they agreed. I contacted Teesside to undertake the HNC via distance learning. I have been accepted on the course but you have probably already guessed it, ill have to complete the bridging math course before i can start the HNC. I have been given 6 months to complete this math course. My question is, how long did it take you guys to complete the bridging math course? I enjoy maths but its been a while. I did a GCSE equivalent higher paper through the OU around 5 years ago (just so i'm up to speed when it came to the kids maths home work):)
Hi Lester,

Welcome to the group and best of luck with the studies ahead!

I helped my work colleague through his maths bridge (I fortunately didn't have to do it for mine!) it is aimed I'd say just higher than gcse maths. You do a bit of stuff with algebra, trigonometry, calculus (hardest thing you might not have done) and statistics I believe. We smashed through it in about a month to 2 months and that was solely him with a little bit of guidance from me when it came to the TMAs. The lesson notes are very good and will easily get you through it!

And regardless you have a good group here who do try to help each other out so any issues just give us a shout. I'm quite active on the forum so feel free to message me.

Connor

Anyone completed DCS Assignment 2, Question 5?

Using the information below, produce a set of calibration figures for the control loop TICA1945.

T11495 Range = 100 to 420 degrees c
TICA1495 SP = PV = 300 degrees c
TCV1495 = 30%

Struggling with this one can’t find anything similar in the lesson material.
did you complete this question? currently can't find anything in course notes

Hi Lester,

Welcome to the group and best of luck with the studies ahead!

I helped my work colleague through his maths bridge (I fortunately didn't have to do it for mine!) it is aimed I'd say just higher than gcse maths. You do a bit of stuff with algebra, trigonometry, calculus (hardest thing you might not have done) and statistics I believe. We smashed through it in about a month to 2 months and that was solely him with a little bit of guidance from me when it came to the TMAs. The lesson notes are very good and will easily get you through it!

And regardless you have a good group here who do try to help each other out so any issues just give us a shout. I'm quite active on the forum so feel free to message me.

Connor
Hi Connor.

Thanks for message. I have just purchased the foundation maths from Teeside. I'll give you a shout if i get stuck!! cheers Lester

Hi,

Currently looking for my last module before the project.

I have completed: pneumatics and hydraulics, DADC, ES, DCS, EEP, AME.

Looking for an relatively easy module so I can complete it quickly.

Kind regards

Gizzy

Just finished the maths bridging course. Not bad at all, really enjoyed the calculus part.
It seems a bit like a ghost town on the student forum at teeside, seems like i was the only student on the course!. Have not heard from anyone not even the tutor. I feel that i'm in for a shock (hnc course), the maths on the bridging course, i would say was GCSE higher paper with a little basic calculus. I submitted the three TMAs lats week and not heard from anyone, how long does it take before i can start the HNC after the maths course? really keen to get this started.

Just finished the maths bridging course. Not bad at all, really enjoyed the calculus part.
It seems a bit like a ghost town on the student forum at teeside, seems like i was the only student on the course!. Have not heard from anyone not even the tutor. I feel that i'm in for a shock (hnc course), the maths on the bridging course, i would say was GCSE higher paper with a little basic calculus. I submitted the three TMAs lats week and not heard from anyone, how long does it take before i can start the HNC after the maths course? really keen to get this started.
Takes on average 1 to 3 weeks to get assessments marked to be fair. The forums are dead, ones like this and there's a good Facebook one which are much more active. You can literally start the next module as soon as they confirm the bridging module is complete. Just call the engineering team for the course and pay for the first module

Hi Lester,

ive just started the bridging course,so far not too bad!

what HNC unit are you going to do first? I am thinking it might be a idea to get the maths one out the way

Sam

Hi Lester,

ive just started the bridging course,so far not too bad!

what HNC unit are you going to do first? I am thinking it might be a idea to get the maths one out the way

Sam
Hi Sam, I plan to do the maths unit first whilst I’m in math mode! The math bridging course is not bad at all. The practice assessments are identical to the actual assessments. Recommend you do practice ones until you get 100% until you attempt proper one. Go carful when inputting answers: for instance.. 2y^2+4y+15 should be inputted as: 2*y^2+4*y+15. I got marked down for this.

Hi guys,

So microprocessors is done! Phew! 2 modules left now so want a rather easy module before I do my project, anyone got some suggestions? Done 3 core and PLCs, electrical machines and microprocessors.

Cheers,

Connor

hi,

can anyone help with Electrical Supply and Distribution: TMA 2

questions 3, 4 and 5 i handed my assignment in but failed so have to give a re-submission.

if you need help in return i can help with ESD bar TMA2, DCS, APH, DADC, EEP, ES and AME

Kind Regards

Gizzy

hi,

can anyone help with Electrical Supply and Distribution: TMA 2

questions 3, 4 and 5 i handed my assignment in but failed so have to give a re-submission.

if you need help in return i can help with ESD bar TMA2, DCS, APH, DADC, EEP, ES and AME

Kind Regards

Gizzy
Hi mate if you can wait till Monday I’ve done it.. only got a pass in tma2 but pass is a pass

Hi all,

I'm currently on my last and final module, the project, for this course!

Just wondering though if anyone has done it and can let me know what sort of projects people did. Just struggling to gauge how big or small a project can be. Got plenty of arduino projects at home I can do but unsure if they need to be more substantial

Cheers!

Connor

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net