Discuss Testing for Landlords in Scotland in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Emm Eff

After the recent law change, are you guys operating in Scotland now having to provide PAT testing with your EICR? Having just completed 2394/7/27 I'm looking at PAT testing the cooker hood, extract fan, washing machine etc.

I can't see how it can be feasible to provide an EICR and then expect the client to go to another company for PAT testing of around half a dozen items?

Just looking for a bit of reassurance I suppose! I'm just about to canvass for work and I want to make sure my price and service is competitive.

Cheers.

The Scottish race to the bottom now includes PAT & EICR's!

Well, it's the law so... I'd say it was a step in the right direction, no?

As for the PAT aspect, I'll definitely add as a separate price so the client knows what they're paying for. It'll be a separate certificate from EICR anyway, so they'll see what they're paying for.

Well, it's the law so... I'd say it was a step in the right direction, no?

As for the PAT aspect, I'll definitely add as a separate price so the client knows what they're paying for. It'll be a separate certificate from EICR anyway, so they'll see what they're paying for.

Hum...... who says that they are done thoroughly, correctly and by competent people?

You could but lets see what the reality is.........

How long would you allow to do a detached 4 bed house?

I'm allowing a full day for all EICR's. The only time I will allow any less is if I've inspected the property before and therefore have past records and knowledge of installation method etc.

Pointless comment Murdoch, irrelevant to what is being asked..........

I charge an hourly rate for Pat, if you're doing an eicr and charging a day rate anyway, the pat isn't going to take more than 30-60 mins, so your way of thinking is spot on!

I'm allowing a full day for all EICR's. The only time I will allow any less is if I've inspected the property before and therefore have past records and knowledge of installation method etc.

I to do the same but there are loads of "sparks" who will do it for less.

I to do the same but there are loads of "sparks" who will do it for less.

Agreed, mate.

It's one dilemma I thought about when starting my business, that is, competing with the guys who will quite happily write out a cert for £50 without even looking at the property. I came to the conclusion that if I can't make money doing it right, I won't bother doing it at all.

Time will tell. Anyway, cheers for the advice as always.

Agreed, mate.

It's one dilemma I thought about when starting my business, that is, competing with the guys who will quite happily write out a cert for £50 without even looking at the property. I came to the conclusion that if I can't make money doing it right, I won't bother doing it at all.

Time will tell. Anyway, cheers for the advice as always.

Likewise. If the customer doesn't want to pay to have an EICR done properly, then someone else can do it.

Reply to Testing for Landlords in Scotland in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net