Discuss testing multiple DBs with Easycert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Subject testing multiple DBs with Easycert
For new 3 ph. installation
Set up
DNO – Fuses
Client HRC fused Main Switch isolator feeding
MCCB panel having 1 X MCCB main switch feeding
Integral bus bar to 27 3ph MCCBs these feed remote DBs
Using Easycert
Page 2 SUPPLY CHARACTERISTICS = DNO
MAIN SWITCH = CLIENT HRC FUSED ISOLATOR
DB Page
DB1 MCCB Panel
Section BOARD CHARACTERISTICS
APPLIES WHEN THE BOARD IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE ORIGIN OF THE INSTALLATION
Question
For DB1
Supply to distribution board is from:-
Do I put Main Switch and fill in main switch details?
Or put MCCB panel switch and fill in MCCB switch details?
For the remote DBs fed off the MCCB board do I put the details of MCCB feeding the distribution circuit or the details of the main switch in the DB (Note DB switches just 125A switches not protection device)

If your feed to DB1 is from another source other than the DNO fuse/service head, then I would put the details of that source. So in this case the MCCB details

We tend to put the Main Switch details and supply conductors of the individual DB's in the comments box at the top of the schedule of circuits page for each DB we test.
Page 2 contains the DNO info, earthing arrangements etc. The main switch is usually 947-2 1600A etc.

It's important to observe(we record) the main switch rating for each DB and verify against the over current protection, many times we see installs where 100A 60947-3 are protected by 125A+ over current protection.

Thanks for your comments.
I noticed I can add a comment line by using the insert button so I will note the switch information before the schedule of test results

Reply to testing multiple DBs with Easycert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock