Discuss testing seaward live line testers - 2377 ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys I work on the railway maintaining the ticket offices and platform equipment, ive been approached to test DC live line testers

[NOPARSE]http://www.thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk/p/8945479/Seaward---LLT-Live-Line-Tester---Voltage-Detector---Working-Voltage-V-DC-Max---Conforms-to-BS-EN----SEA-LLT.html?gclid=CNL44sT9vsQCFSETw[/NOPARSE]

these are a fairly new tester on the railway that the isolation teams use to check that the current has been isolated prior to fitting there short circuit straps, I used to test the old testers "egg boxes" for them, these old testers looked like the had been knocked up in someones shed !! the comprised of a wooden box with 6 x 240v lamps wired in series with steel legs on the bottom to fit over the running rail with a 2 foot length of twin flex with a bit of 1inch dowel with another pair of steel legs that was held on the juice rail !!all very heath robinson, Network rail are insisting these are tested every 12mnth obviously to show a duty of care but these tester come with a proving unit so im not sure if 2377 covers these what are your thoughts please. Dave

Would have thought that the item you are describing is a test instrument, then it would be subject to a calibration check every 12 months, not sure if it comes under ISITEE.

Would have thought that the item you are describing is a test instrument, then it would be subject to a calibration check every 12 months, not sure if it comes under ISITEE.
Hi Pete yes your right, i guess it would be classed as a test instrument but as its only got three neons there isnt much to calibrate LOL !!,

Does anyone know what the procedure/ticket is to calibrate such an item ?

Reply to testing seaward live line testers - 2377 ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net