Discuss Testing the water in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ant2781

Hi,

I have currently been tinkering around in the house installng some new lights, even fitting a new light in the attic.

I currently work in retail, which at the moment is taking some hits with the credit crunch.

What I really am asking is your industry suffering from the ecomony problems or is there still enough work around, as I want to train to become an electrician.

My current job is safe for now but i'm not enjoying it, late shifts, working weekends and now with a baby on the way I want more free time to enjoy raising my first child.

My brother in law is a sparky and he said it was the best thing he ever did, he went to evening classes at my local college, which I will do.

Any views or opinions welcome.

Ant

Hi Ant
There are 2 options the time served and jib electricians and the domestic installers route i would advise you to look into both options before you decide where you want to go but you do have a head start as your mate is a spark so if you do go down that road it will be easy for you to get onsite exp with him to get the required exam/onsite exp.
Regards
Kung.

If i was in your position, i would think long and hard about it.

The situation at the moment, as you know, is quite bad.

Having said that, if you can hold a full time job and train at the same time, then hopefully this will be over by the time you qualify.

Reply to Testing the water in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello wise electricians of the world! I am in the UK. Recently we had a water leak which caused some damage in our home, we are currently trying...
Replies
Views
Hello, you all helped me out recently when we had a water leak (mostly in kitchen ceiling), and my landlord's contractor was saying the household...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I’m in the process of mapping out a relatively standard S-plan system for my parents central heating and hot water system. Not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm 28 and looking to become an electrician, I was an apprentice at 21 but was not fully focused and wasted the opportunity only...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock