Discuss texacom alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

keniff

-
Reaction score
hi guys i recently fitted one of the texacom alarms to a customers property. i liked the system and the wiring was simple enough. im looking to install one in my house but i would like a keypad with rf keyphobs. i already have a texacom bell box i was given to me the other day, anyone know what model if any that texacom do with the phobs and compatible with the bell box i have (odysee 4e) thanks!!

Look at the texecom premier and then you can choose your keypad inc one with fobs. I like their gear and you can have pretty much any accessories you like.

those texacom premier panels look nice, how the hell do you wire up to 640 zones in that though?! lol i must be missing something there. i like that you can have the keypad and phob in one keypad.
one question i do have is how do you tend to wire the powered pir's in the panel if you have 8 pir's its a bugger to fit into the 1 + - terminals they have in the panels!!

those texacom premier panels look nice, how the hell do you wire up to 640 zones in that though?! lol i must be missing something there. i like that you can have the keypad and phob in one keypad.
one question i do have is how do you tend to wire the powered pir's in the panel if you have 8 pir's its a bugger to fit into the 1 + - terminals they have in the panels!!

you need to use an expander

Expanders - Texecom

I would recommend the Texecom Premier 48 as a minimum. I have this installed at home, and is a great piece of kit.

I have also installed the Premier 24, but have had problems with this panel. The Texecom panels can generally only take 16 zones (I believe), 8 on the main board, and 8 via an expansion card. All other Zones (upto 640) are via expanders.

Expanders come in various styles, and even the keypads can expand the system by two zones.

With regards to RF KeyFobs, are you referring to wireless controllers or Proximity Tags? The Texecom Premier keypads can include Proximity Readers, but do not include RF KeyFob's.

You can add a wireless receiver to the system, which enables RF KeyFobs and wireless detectors to be used with the system.

Yes I mean proximity tags! Don't do alot with alarms but I like the texacom gear so far. Thanks for the advice! I think I'm going to go with the premier 48 as I'd like the gsm text thing at a later date, have you ever used these I'm guessing you can just pop a pay and go sim in and away you go?

Texecom are good panels the Premier 48 gives a few more programming options than the 24 if you need them. If using the new premier elite make sure it has the latest software / firmware. There are a number of keypad options with the option of prox tag control

If you are considering fitting multiple expanders and a large number of circuits then you will need an auxiliary power supply or supplies for the extra connected load and to limit the volt drop

Reply to texacom alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net