Discuss The agreed process for signing off third party work.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

ArseyDee

According to a recent article in PE magazine.

The installer appoints a registered third party certifier.
The scope of the work to be inspected is agreed and the work starts.
Within 5 days of completion, the third party certifier returns to inspect and test.

and issues........wait for it.........drum roll......an EICR!!

I have to assume this must be a 'special' EICR as the third party certifier must contact their scheme provider to request registration for this new additional category of membership. The work is notified and the scheme provider issues a Buildings Regs Compliance Certificate.

WTF!!!!!

So the new process (ignoring the scheme provider part) is to issue exactly the same certificate as we do already.

Yep, shafted again by the money hungry scam scheme providers, who want their CUT!! Tell me did you really expect anything else?? lol!!

..... So the new process (ignoring the scheme provider part) is to issue exactly the same certificate as we do already.

Ah, but now there will be money involved to do it this way whereas before it was free!

"registered third party certifier" Kerching - how much will that cost??

I'll guess. In addition to the scheme membership fee (which you will have to pay to be considered for 3rd party) and additional fee of exactly the same price for 3rd party!

My last assessor was under the impression you could charge a minimum of £250 for an EICR. So if we are making those vast sums of money paying an additional fee would be easy ......

I'll guess. In addition to the scheme membership fee (which you will have to pay to be considered for 3rd party) and additional fee of exactly the same price for 3rd party!

My last assessor was under the impression you could charge a minimum of £250 for an EICR. So if we are making those vast sums of money paying an additional fee would be easy ......

That assumes people actually want it done - and does he actually realise how little some people actually charge for an EICR??

And don't forget the sort of people your gonna get asking you for this are gonna be real pros , every minute you turn your back they will be up to all sorts , and who's name is on this ,,yep yours truly , exactly what part pee is supposed to eradicate ,,,,,

Reply to The agreed process for signing off third party work.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock