Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss The best Led strip lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. JM ELECTRICAL

JM ELECTRICAL Regular EF Member

wheres the best place to go for both one colour led strips and rgbw ? Or the best brand to look for when buying for good value for money ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rpa07

Rpa07 1000 posts only 44653 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Used planet lighting but there are plenty on the market since - will be interesting to hear others replies. I need some for a job soon so I'll be following this one.

3. tomspark93

tomspark93 Electrician's Arms

Just been fitting the Ansell cobra tape on a job in cool white which has come up really well. I'll take a picture tomorrow when I finish it off. You can buy it in different lengths and then also cut it down at approx 3-4cm intervals. It is plug and play but there is a little bit of soldering required if you need to bring in right angle bends etc

• Like Like x 1
  4. stummish

stummish Electrician's Arms

I use hiline-lighting. High cri, good quality strips and drivers. I only use the 24v strip, i don't think they even do a 12v strip. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for, a lot of strip you can buy won't even tell you what their cri is because it's so low, let alone the other details. All the info on their website so you know what you're getting isn't budget manufactured rubbish.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

6. tomspark93

Here's the job that I finished today

IMG_2727.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Midwest

What luminaires did you use?

8. ANDY13

ANDY13 New EF Member

Hello Guys,

I applied for Electrician work. I was asked to provide ECS card and IPAF card but unfortunately I don't have IPAF card. I called the providers but they seems not to know what type of IPAF training I required.
    Please can anyone help me here. Even when I checked, there is upto 8 IPAF.

Thanks ...

9. ANDY13

ANDY13 New EF Member

Hello Guys,

I applied for Electrician work. I was asked to provide ECS card and IPAF card but unfortunately I don't have IPAF card. I called the providers but they seems not to know what type of IPAF training I required.
    Please can anyone help me here. Even when I checked, there is upto 8 IPAF.

Thanks ...

10. tomspark93

The led strip is ansell cobra and the downlights are ansell orbio 360

• Like Like x 2
  11. Midwest

Shouldn't you start your own thread somewhere else?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. D00DY_T00DY

D00DY_T00DY Gorilla Whisperer Electrician's Arms

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rpa07

Rpa07 1000 posts only 44653 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    You'll need 3a3b for normal work. Check out the 'Nationwide' site for all IPAF stuff. Then learn how to start your own thread and not just push buttons!
    All the best!

14. stummish

stummish Electrician's Arms

@tomspark93@tomspark93 looks great, very clean an clinical, coolwhite has its place. This is one I did a few months back using the hiline lighting kit. RGBW kit controlled on zwave rgbw dimmers. The under cabinet strips were supposed to light the glass up, but the glass fitter got the depth wrong so the extrusions were in the wrong palce, doesnt look too bad though. 20161128_093952.jpg 20161128_094017.jpg 20161128_094112.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. D00DY_T00DY

D00DY_T00DY Gorilla Whisperer Electrician's Arms

Ooo
    I do love some pretty pictures.
    Looks very smart.

Only ever get basic kitchens. Few sockets here or there maybe a few triangular led under cabs if it's really posh:D

• Like Like x 1