Discuss The metal thingy for spacing drill in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Lost my thing as above, you know the thing bent metal thing with two holes spaced for doubles and an extra hole for duals tried umpteen search terms but all I get is the pattress and drywall template any ideas
P

As much as the OP makes no sense at all I think I actually know what he's talking about!

I think it's a part of the armed box cutting tool set where you have a big round drill to cut most of the material then a square kango bit to finish it off.

It wouldn't be hard to make replacement for the bit you've lost, just get a bit of mild steel bar, drill holes in the right places and tap the hole in the middle and fit a bolt.

Its part of my arneg kit, if doing a whole wall into block this makes the job a lot quicker, one man drills and chops the square, the guide spaces the plug holes, my mate then fits and screws the boxes in place, grommets and drops cables, other wise its drill down hold up a box mark the holes drill them, then next box, wearing tiring and slow, trust me i'v timed it, its a waste of the second man as he hangs about waiting,
P

Lost my thing as above, you know the thing bent metal thing with two holes spaced for doubles and an extra hole for duals tried umpteen search terms but all I get is the pattress and drywall template any ideas
P
Has somebody been at the uisge beatha?

seen 'em all. bouncing off the brick. 110V SDS with scutch chisel does it i 1/4 the time.

these tings are OK for cutting into weetabix blocks, but find something that's proper built, it's like crapping into the wind in a gale.

Reply to The metal thingy for spacing drill in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock