Discuss The Scottish ACCA examination. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I wasn't quite sure which would have been the best forum category to place this thread so I thought I would start here. Apologies if this question has been asked before or was simply a few searches away from my answer.

I have been a fully qualified Electrician now for 7 years, and now the time has come to take the steps to sit my ACCA examination. I have to confess, years of repetitious jobs involving kitchen refurbs have dulled my knowledge of other areas, so my knowledge of Electrical theory may be weaker than it was once.

But now that I have the prospect of better pay and more opportunities in my future then I would just appreciate some advice on the ACCA examination, and what areas should I study and research in. My knowledge of testing is pretty good, but I am lead to believe the examination will cover supervising of others, which is something I've never had much experience.

Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

The Advanced Competency Assessment was changed this year, and it's proved very difficult to get info on it. Pass rate in the first few months was 0%! Think there are 6 or 8 sections all of which must be passed. Hopefully someone who has practical knowledge will be along soon to give you the detail.

PS I assume you are looking to regrade to Approved?

Last edited:
Hi, I had to do the exact same as you a few years ago. All the work experience stuff etc. if you look at my profile there may be some info on it that I was given or that I have to others. I'm not sure about the changes to be honest but it will give you a rough idea of what to expect. Cheers

Reply to The Scottish ACCA examination. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, looking for some feedback from electricians living in Belfast (carrickfergus) area. Looking at potentially migrating to that area within...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm an fully qualified electrician based in Dundee, Scotland. I have just completed my BS 7671 Amendment 2 course and my 2391-52...
Replies
Views
I am an experienced electrical engineer consultant in building services, and I am looking to expand my professional horizons by taking on side...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock