Discuss The Trouble with GEO in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CBR600

-
Reaction score
I just wanted to share our recent experience with Green Energy Options, manufacturers of GEO monitors. Our last two installations have involved fitting GEO III equipment and on both occasions, there has been a problem with their equipment out of the box.

Whilst they have replaced the defective equipment, they have standard 3-5 working days to supply replacements following a 48 hour period after the issue has been report.

Needless to say on both occasions we have needed to re-visit the site at our own expense to fit the replacements.

What has really irritated me is their attitude to supplying kit that doesn't work from installation. So far as they are concerned their standard warranty applies and it is our tough luck.

If that had happened just the once, fair enough, or returning to failed kit after a period of time under our warranty, but supplying defective equipment from new, twice, is not on.

I suggested that they provide us with a kit for free to cover our costs. This seems to me to be reasonable gesture of good will, great customer service and we would have had a replacement on site in the event of another fail. Not a chance.

We won't be using them again and whilst I am sure they don't give monkeys, I'll be telling anyone that will listen about their "customer service".

If anyone has any suggestions for decent kit that does what the GEO III does (without costing the earth), I would be delighted to hear about it.

Reply to The Trouble with GEO in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net