Discuss Thermodynamic Test results - Not good in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

For that size bill, an educated guess would be that the target temperature has been set at 55 degrees or higher with no interlink to an immersion for the last bit, which the system is struggling to hit so ends up running basically continuously at a very low COP.

Educated guess being that bill would mean it was pretty much running continuously 24/7.

Drop the target temp to 50 degrees (with weekly purge using the immersion heater) and I'd bet your bill would be more like the level you were hoping for.

Not that I'd be recommending that these systems should be replacing gas - their main use should be in off gas grid properties other than possibly those with solar pv installed that they want to use the excess generation from, and set the timer accordingly.

The person/ organisation that you have to claim against / take to court is to whom you paid the money.

Are they still trading?

The manufacturer (Energie) will correctly claim it works fine in Portugal.

The person/ organisation that you have to claim against / take to court is to whom you paid the money.

Are they still trading?

The manufacturer (Energie) will correctly claim it works fine in Portugal.
thanks for reply, company still trading but system is not on they web site now! by the time I have paid it off "210 years" our climate will be like Portugal. wife and daughter work shifts that end at 9 at night so baths are at night this system runs all night and day in the winter 8 months!

For that size bill, an educated guess would be that the target temperature has been set at 55 degrees or higher with no interlink to an immersion for the last bit, which the system is struggling to hit so ends up running basically continuously at a very low COP.

Educated guess being that bill would mean it was pretty much running continuously 24/7.

Drop the target temp to 50 degrees (with weekly purge using the immersion heater) and I'd bet your bill would be more like the level you were hoping for.

Not that I'd be recommending that these systems should be replacing gas - their main use should be in off gas grid properties other than possibly those with solar pv installed that they want to use the excess generation from, and set the timer accordingly.
thanks for message, wife and daughter finish work after 9 at night so its bath time at night , I hear the system run all night 8/10 hours then there is the day time use its got to be running 20 hours a day all this system wants to do is stay at 55 degrees and at my expense!.

Check the Irish and ex pat Portugese Forums.

Loads and loads of issues, problems, lack of trust in product, lack of reliable data peoples electricity bills going up etc etc.
Too many to list .....

Flat plate solar collector v Thermodynamic solar collector - boards.ie

News: Thermodynamic solar/anytime panels - boards.ie

Beware of Thermodynamic Panels ? | Silver Spray

View attachment 22251
where do I find "the Irish and Portugese forums" , taking a TD company to court over the £500 a year running costs compared to my combi boilers £140 a year?, need info. thanks.

It'll be more efficient during the day so can you at least put a timer with contactor or an immersion timer depending upon its power consumption so that it can't come on at night?
A 300 litre cylinder empty to full uses about 15kWh
How big is the cylinder? When do you use your hot water and how much at a time?

It'll be more efficient during the day so can you at least put a timer with contactor or an immersion timer depending upon its power consumption so that it can't come on at night?
250ltr tank due to 2 people shiftwork baths at 9 at night 2 baths a night system runs all night and day. after the irish and Portuguese forums, cannot find them?. if I use timer I,ll have no hot water for day time,as said my combi did the same work for £140 a year "mains gas". they knew of shifts I was mis sold.

update, its took a year but finally got the truth, its not 6 hours to heat up tank from cold its 6 hours summer time and 9 hours winter time and even longer when below freezing, so there claims of £120 a year running costs are WRONG. 7.30 hours average is £135 and if you use 2 tanks a day that's £270 a year, as said before my gas combi did my hot water for £140 a year. this is the best Christmas present I have had. and I got the email from "the horses mouth". Christmas came a day early.

Hi - glad to hear you've got to the bottom of it. Just being nosey (sorry) ... was the email from supplier, as in they're saying they got the calcs wrong?

hi, my 250 ltr thermal dynamic expansion tank burst so has the company, the lads came outand turned off the system and shut off water valves, I have had a fitter out fixed tank opened water valves put o water no other water valves to be found but does the system need to be tuned on to allow water to flow. any thoughts. thanks. also I will need to put on a timer as system is costing £500 a year to run £140 was my gas bill, also I was at court about mis selling and company never turned up.

Hi - glad to hear you've got to the bottom of it. Just being nosey (sorry) ... was the email from supplier, as in they're saying they got the calcs wrong?
25/7/2018 company never filed a defence or turn up at court I was awarded compensation for mis selling of goods. now I have to get them to pay up?

Reply to Thermodynamic Test results - Not good in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock