Discuss Thieving numb sculls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

We've had a huge number of cars being broken into round me over the last 3 weeks. All have been unlocked using a fob that i think codes to the car. All VAG cars are susceptible to it (not exactly how it works)

Its got so bad we got people walking around in the early hours as police do f*** all.

Regardless of the punishment, if i catch someone breaking into my car, they going to get get a hell of a citizen's arrest

Know the way you feel mate, just be careful. Some poor bugger apparently got killed this week as he tried to stop car thieves.
I detest scumbags & car thieves, but no car is worth dying for.

We've had a huge number of cars being broken into round me over the last 3 weeks. All have been unlocked using a fob that i think codes to the car. All VAG cars are susceptible to it (not exactly how it works)

Its got so bad we got people walking around in the early hours as police do f*** all.

Regardless of the punishment, if i catch someone breaking into my car, they going to get get a hell of a citizen's arrest

If you have a vag pull the fuse.

Hi sparks. Enjoyed the bantering and suggestions about the thieving bas***ds that likely steal our stuff to support drug use. I had my whole van stolen in Lowell, Ma. USA and the tools removed and then the van abandoned. Got into a scolding from the police when I mentioned I wish I had brought my guns down from NH and would have liked to have had the pleasure to properly meet the thieves. Really does push one to the edge when your rights are put second to the thieving bas***ds. In reference to the electrifying idea, there is a courtroom example in which a store owner in New York City(I think) got tired of repeated breakins from the same thieves and because the police did little had a furnace grate in a hall passage electrified during closing times. It did the job and helped catch the thief. However the courts found fit to hold the store owner liable for the hospital bills and such required to treat the injuries and also awarded compensation to the thief. So I guess the plan needs to be not so easily traced to the owner like maybe a free nice sandwich with some rat poison that you could claim was only for rats. Might start leaving some nice candies on the seat of the van with an overdose of ex-lax to give a good case of the runs.

Hello SP2 - I have experienced the frustration of being robbed, but revenge is not really my thing. In the UK it is not permitted to hurt anyone except as the last resort in defence of self.

Hello SP2 - I have experienced the frustration of being robbed, but revenge is not really my thing. In the UK it is not permitted to hurt anyone except as the last resort in defence of self.
Agreed on that philosophy to live life by, Wilko and it works well with a large percent of the population that tries to abide by the law most of the time. I have a problem with Society as a whole not putting the proper measures in place to keep that majority safe and away from harm's way from people hell bent on doing whatever they please with little concern if anyone gets hurt due to their actions.
Supposedly the Greeks used a system where they had a jail/prison with one cell and after a proper conviction with all the courtroom rights, the convicted was put in the cell for what was considered a serious crime. He was taken well care of and only when a fellow citizen committed the same crime and was properly convicted did his internment in the prison come to an end. He was properly executed as society felt they could only afford a prison for one and those who would jeopardize that concept were of no use to society and properly removed. Convicts sentencing other convicts to the ultimate sentence. I like it and would love to see it catch sail and replace the systems that society has corrupted for personal gain$$ and cannot manage well and are way too costly to the lawful citizens. Then we would not have to have our own anger push us towards irrational thoughts of revenge as this old time Greek concept is quite logical and rational.

Reply to Thieving numb sculls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net