Discuss Thinking About Starting A Testing Company in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Luke Abrahams

I'm thinking about starting off doing testing and fault finding I've done testing for a local council and I'm confident and qualified to test I just have a few questions

1. Would there be much work if I'm not registered with nic
  2. How would I register with them if all I do is testing?
  3. And what insurances would I need?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I think you may find that just doing testing might pall quickly and customers would probably not be impressed to have to pay you to test and then someone else to resolve any problems found during testing.

NICEIC registration is normally (inappropriately) requested by insurance companies and councils because they are ill informed, but if their internal polices require this then not being registered would be a limitation. However insurance companies will normally accept other schemes registrations after discussion.
You would need to ensure that the cost of registration for no service is worth it and since the schemes are there solely to provide a route for installation notification registration may be difficult if you have no installation work to demonstrate. I feel that the schemes may well be prepared to take your money if you were to discuss the situation with them.

Fro inspection and testing it is generally recommended that you get professional liability insurance ( I think most councils want 5m (instead of the usual 2m) Public Liability insurance as well for contractors working for them).

Reply to Thinking About Starting A Testing Company in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock