Discuss Time to call it a day in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

I shall take the challenge :). I haven't got the BYB with me so I cant give you the exact page but if you take a look at appendix 15, reg 433.1.5, fig 15A and read under the 'unfused spur' title it will say:

"An unfused spur may be
connected to the origin of the
circuit in the distribution board."

If you think about it, it's exactly the same as spurring of a ring. As Ian has said, it cant be overloaded as the CCC is 27A clipped direct and fault protection is easily met with a 32A MCB. Plus.... It is in the regs as above.
Why would you install a radial, not a spur from a ring final in the same manner. Pointless exercise.

Your original post didn't mention spurs.You said you could run a double or single socket directly off a 2.5 fed from a 32amp breaker.in that specific case i would say thats unacceptable.If you were wiring the socket from scratch you would fit a 16amp breaker to feed the double or single socket.

Come on Bob, admit defeat like a man :)
What else is a spur if it's not fed from a 32a MCB feeding a single or double socket?
Go on Bob, I've been wrong a hundred times and am happy to put my hands up when defeated... It feels good!

Come on Bob, admit defeat like a man :)
What else is a spur if it's not fed from a 32a MCB feeding a single or double socket?
Go on Bob, I've been wrong a hundred times and am happy to put my hands up when defeated... It feels good!
Well it isn't a spur, it is a radial there is no ring final.

Sorry Dave, didn't see that! Thankyou :)

I'm off to see a very pretty new girlfriend now so shall say goodbye for now.

Oh no you're not, get back here and argue about the rights and wrongs of sticking 2.5mm cable in a 32a mcb, that will go round and round and round and round and round until we all agree to disagree.

Sorry Dave, didn't see that! Thankyou :)

I'm off to see a very pretty new girlfriend now so shall say goodbye for now.

She's not new, he's had her for ages and that's why he was quiet the latter part of last year. How do you spell oooeeeooo @Pete999 is good at spelling noises!

@Sparkhe, don't be down. You have 30 years of experience to give. If you need to catch up since the 16th then hang around on here and read through the archives. There is the 17th 2382-15 from city and guilds that you would ace then you'd be back on track.
You've probably forgotten more than half of us know, although listening to us bickering about 2.5 Spurs will probably make you want to leave the game anyway.
Hoping to hear more from you, get involved and have a banter!
Respect, Rob

She's not new, he's had her for ages and that's why he was quiet the latter part of last year. How do you spell oooeeeooo @Pete999 is good at spelling noises!

@Sparkhe, don't be down. You have 30 years of experience to give. If you need to catch up since the 16th then hang around on here and read through the archives. There is the 17th 2382-15 from city and guilds that you would ace then you'd be back on track.
You've probably forgotten more than half of us know, although listening to us bickering about 2.5 Spurs will probably make you want to leave the game anyway.
Hoping to hear more from you, get involved and have a banter!
Respect, Rob

I feel for you and know how it can be sometimes when you get sniped at. But I really cannot see throwing away thirty years after one low blow! Just update and fight back. What else can you do, shelf filling? I don't think so! Your employer has a duty to support and train anyone working for him. Why has he not assisted you, I would be asking that. Have you been sacked? No? well once more unto the breach then! or ....shelf filling.

Oh no you're not, get back here and argue about the rights and wrongs of sticking 2.5mm cable in a 32a mcb, that will go round and round and round and round and round until we all agree to disagree.

I do hope that is not a euphemism,for a personal short-coming,and a skinny bird...;)

Reply to Time to call it a day in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net