Discuss torque screwdrivers in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

As far as I know, the other problem with them is you have to have them calibrated. I don't know how often, who does it, what it costs, or even if it is true. I also heard some schemes are asking to see them and their calibration certificate.

I used one once on a job for someone who had one, and (and or comma, not both) I was surprised how tight the manufacturer's stated torque for the MCBs i was using was.

I would like one, because I am a tool junkie, but I can't justify the price.

However, I just broke another bit from my WIHA slim vario set today to go along with the other lost and broken ones. I might get the WERA ones next, but it won't be the torque ones.

I had the torque setting in my wrist, elbow and ear synchronised and it works perfectly!

Let battle commence.

As far as I know, the other problem with them is you have to have them calibrated. I do't know hoe often, who does it, what it costs, or even if it is true. I also heard some schemes are asking to see them and their calibration certificate.

I used one once on a job for someone who had one, and I was surprised how tight the manufacturer's stated torque for the MCBs i was using was.

I would like one, because I am a tool junkie, but I can't justify the price.

However, I just broke another bit from my WIHA slim vario set today to go along with the other lost and broken ones. I might get the WERA ones next, but it won't be the torque ones.

I had the torque setting in my wrist, elbow and ear synchronised and it works perfectly!

Marvo, keep out of things you don't understand. Spelling and grammatical correction is MY JOB.

:hammer:

Got ya you nappy wearing little Grammar ----:grin:

Calibration would normally be specified after a certain number of uses rather than a specified time period. Also they should be checked against a reference unit on a regular basis.

And being reliant on springs etc for their accuracy they should always be set to their lowest setting when not in use and stored/used at the specified operating temperature.

they should always be set to their lowest setting when not in use and stored/used at the specified operating temperature.

​and pigs fly.

I'm off to look if they do the slim line ones, unless you know and have a link. Wink.
the insulation is smaller than say the old style wiha.

if you cant get it in, ring it with your knife then use pliers and it slides straight off (not had to do it yet and facoms my daily drivers, i have had to do it to bahco drivers in the past)

it's all that knuckle dragging round the zoo.

Reply to torque screwdrivers in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock