Discuss Tp link powerline in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

philrob

Trying to set up internet in our Summerhouse, VM Wifi not enough range so bought the AV 500 Wifi range extender. Intended to use Ethernet cable to connect into summerhouse. The garage / summerhouse are on the same circuit as the house, the adaptors pair fine inside the house. But not in the garage or summerhouse, I have an armoured cable running from the CU in the house to a CU in the garage & same again from the garage to a CU in the summerhouse. at could the reason be for no circuit in the summerhouse..driving me mad!

Phil

My understanding is that as long as they are on the same phase they should work.

Do you have an tester of any means - I wonder if the earth isn't connected in the garage & Summerhouse??

My understanding is that as long as they are on the same phase they should work.

Do you have an tester of any means - I wonder if the earth isn't connected in the garage & Summerhouse??

That's a good point Murdoch, I will get it tested...many thanks for the reply

Just had the misfortune to have done exactly the same job in my house.
vm superhub has the range of hee haw as I found out.
i got a couple of tp link 200 that paired fine in the house on different rings also.
it didn't seem to work at all with the rcbo that the summerhouse was on for some reason
i eventually solved the problem with a netgear n300 wifi extender in the kitchen
that seemed to have enough overlap to transmit to the bottom of the garden about 20m from the house.
it does slow it down a bit as it has to relay through the extender and then back to the router.
but i find VM broadband pretty fast anyway.
I also had an old netgear router that I tried but it was a major project trying to get it set up as an access point due to its age
Best of BritishBritish

Just had the misfortune to have done exactly the same job in my house.
vm superhub has the range of hee haw as I found out.
i got a couple of tp link 200 that paired fine in the house on different rings also.
it didn't seem to work at all with the rcbo that the summerhouse was on for some reason
i eventually solved the problem with a netgear n300 wifi extender in the kitchen
that seemed to have enough overlap to transmit to the bottom of the garden about 20m from the house.
it does slow it down a bit as it has to relay through the extender and then back to the router.
but i find VM broadband pretty fast anyway.
I also had an old netgear router that I tried but it was a major project trying to get it set up as an access point due to its age
Best of BritishBritish

Cheers for that, thinking of getting 20mt Ethernet cable !

Reply to Tp link powerline in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net