Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills Good or Bad? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andy D

Hi all I have just had the sales guy around from T4TS for my interview to see if I was acceptable or not for the course. I'm not sure why or as he said there were only so many places and want to make sure that the people signed up are capable of completing the course. Personally it just sounds like they are trying to build you up.
He wanted to do a credit check and for me to give him my account details which also sounded very strange as I was not signing up there and then and guard my details so did not give them to him which to be honest did not worry him too much.
The info I got was a little lacking maybe more my fault as I was not really sure of the questions that I should ask.
Anyway to get to the point I was wondering if anyone was doing the course which is Full Scope Electrical Installer
Is it worth the £5700
and the rep said it would probably be over 2 years to fully qualify depending on how much work the individual puts in.
He also said that after part P defined scope that I would legally be able to do small domestic jobs approx 6 months.
Sorry for waffling but would love to read your feed backs thanks Andy D

To be brutaly honest mate i think thats a **** take, £5700 is he/they having a laugh, for starters whats their definition of a "Full Scope Installer", I presume that means fully qualified?, so for that money i would like to have the quals listed below at least.

2330 Level 2 Electrical Installation
2330 Level 3 Electrical Installation
2392 or 2391 Inspection and testing
2382 17th edition
2393 Building regs for electricians
2377 PAT
EAL or NICEIC DISQ Part P qual
AM2

And even if you had all them quals at the end, i still thik £5700 is way way to much, Also i'd be worried about the time frame, you just cannot get all thse quals in 2 years, unless your studying 5 days a week, and then its a push

To be brutaly honest mate i think thats a **** take, £5700 is he/they having a laugh, for starters whats their definition of a "Full Scope Installer", I presume that means fully qualified?, so for that money i would like to have the quals listed below at least.

2330 Level 2 Electrical Installation
2330 Level 3 Electrical Installation
2392 or 2391 Inspection and testing
2382 17th edition
2393 Building regs for electricians
2377 PAT
EAL or NICEIC DISQ Part P qual
AM2

And even if you had all them quals at the end, i still thik £5700 is way way to much, Also i'd be worried about the time frame, you just cannot get all thse quals in 2 years, unless your studying 5 days a week, and then its a push

Hi Llandrillo Spark thanks for your reply and by reading some of your previous posts I assume you are in training too.
What route did you take as you said you were a mature student as I am. Being in full time employment and wanting to take a change of career is always going to be hard although I work a continental shift pattern so only 3 days or nights a week.
So I'm looking for the best way to retrain whilst still in employment although I'm not looking for a quick fix but willing to put the hours in required.
Thanks again Andy D

hi, sorry to butt in on your convo,z i done a smillier course with the skills center, i received CITB, Part P defined scope, c&gs 2982 17th editon and PAT, that cost me £5250 which is a joke, they wanted an extra 1700 for the upgarde, i complained and they offered it me for for an extra 500, even though the trainind center offered it for 200!!! any ways i am looking on doing the upgarde and even goin in for 2330, level 2&3 and 2392! i have just finished c&gs level 3 in auto Electrics! i am really ere to see if any one can point me in the right direction of gaining experance as a fitter as i have not done much, il be happy to work as an empover or even a labourer! if any one out there that needs some one to work for them in the manchester area or near, got my own transport plz reply or call me on ***********! many thanks lee :eek:)
sorry again for butting in, i am unsure how to post new posts.....

MOD EDIT: Dont post up personal details on the forum. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, I was/am very lucky in the respect that I have an understanding missus who also earns enough money to run the house and buy the food regardless of if I work or not!, this means that i can study full time

I enrolled on the 2330 Level 2 last september, it was a knee jerk reaction really, i was down in the dumps because the resesion hit the one man band in the construction quite hard where i live, Ive always enjoyed electrical work and have worked alsong side people before and rewired kitchens/bathrooms that ive fitted.

Any way i enrolled full time (3 days a week, meaning i could still pick up work)on the Level 2, and to be honest becuase im a mature student and didnt go there to mess about i found it reasonably easy, I actually finished the course in 5 months and got 6 distinctions from 6 exams, I then in the time i had remaining sat the full 2377 PAT course and the 2393 Building regs for electricians, and also passed both of them.

Ive just signed up for the Level 3 which starts this coming sept, this is also full time but the recomended delivery time is half that of the Level 2, Our college builds in the 2392 Inspection & Testing, 2382 17th edition and PAT into the 2330 Level 3,

As u can see if you can find a college which does run both the level 2 & 3 full time, then if u put in the hard work you can get all the quals you need to install, inspect and test and commison domestic wiring in the uk, the only qual thats missing is the 2391 Inspection and testing, which would without doubt take you into a third year, that also takes you into the commercial and industrial scene.

Obviously if you cant study this way, i would do them on a part time basis, 1 day or 2/3 evening a week, it will still take 3+ years but will cost 1/3 of what you have been asked to pay.

I think what really annoys me is that you are being asked to pay £5700 to be just domestically qualified?, for that money you really want the 2330 level2 2&3, If you want to wire domestically on a small scale then just do the EAL Part P or the NICEIC DISQ, will cost no more than £1000, but i would recomend you sit PROPER qualifications and learn about the theory ect ect so you will know what your doing

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, sorry to butt in on your convo,z i done a smillier course with the skills center, i received CITB, Part P defined scope, c&gs 2982 17th editon and PAT, that cost me £5250 which is a joke, they wanted an extra 1700 for the upgarde, i complained and they offered it me for for an extra 500, even though the trainind center offered it for 200!!! any ways i am looking on doing the upgarde and even goin in for 2330, level 2&3 and 2392! i have just finished c&gs level 3 in auto Electrics! i am really ere to see if any one can point me in the right direction of gaining experance as a fitter as i have not done much, il be happy to work as an empover or even a labourer! if any one out there that needs some one to work for them in the manchester area or near, got my own transport plz reply or call me on ***********! many thanks lee :eek:)
sorry again for butting in, i am unsure how to post new posts.....

MOD EDIT: Dont post up personal details on the forum. Cheers.

Sorry i was unaware of what ya can or cant put on ere! thanks any way, seems like a good site, think i mite learn a thing or 2 of ere :)

Just bumping this to bring all contributors to the attention of all the threads we have on our forums about Train 4 Trade Skills.

There have been A LOT of people who feel they have been missold courses by Train 4 Trade Skills. Many taking legal action.

Please see this for electrical course threads on our sparky forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958
This for plumbing course threads on our plumbing forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills Good or Bad? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net