Discuss train 4 trade in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jamie2

i have been in the trade approx 20 years and was an apprentice.Due to the fact of not being able to keep my pants up i had to give up the apprentiship to earn more money.Having passed c+g parts 1 and 2,and my am1, i was employed as an electrician by various companies.Then the recession hit and i was made redundant.Everybody was now wanting jib cards,and this brings me on to a couple of points.Firstly if you do become contacted by train 4 trade skills remember all qualifications you have obtained do still count.It is not a case of they are out of date like the salesman will try to tell you,£6000 is alot of money when you do not need to spend it.Guess who was a fool??? For somebody wishing to go on the course another thing to look out for is the fact you cannot attend any practical training until you have paid £1000, they dont tell you this.At £110 pounds a month,thats 10 months ish before you see a centre.Dates to book the centres are not as easy as they make out as months are not open untill the previous one is full.Southampton,Worcester,and Leeds,are the only centres i am aware of,not country wide as it is sold.All the above are the down sides to the course all of my own doing for not doing enough research on the course.The facilities at Worcester along with the tutors are excellent.The computer feed back from the home learning excellent.The fact you can retake exams when needed with no extra cost where else will you get that???As far as i am concerned the people who continually slag off train 4 trade skills have no chance of becoming electricians as they are expecting something for nothing.As long as you put in the hard work the rewards are there,and you can study at your own pace with no ties.If any body has been to southampton for week 5 could they please let me kwow what to expect. :cuss:

Hi Jamie, I too am heading down to Southampton next month for week 5... Maybe see you there... Can't obviously tell you exactly what is going to happen other than a week of inspection and testing, but note from a previous thread that Southampton is new to you. The place is ok and the staff are great.

It's a bit tricky to find but satnav fixes this, otherwise take a good look at google maps before you set off. We normally meet right down at the far end of the industrial park (on the right) where you'll see either loads of spaces or loads of cars/vans/trucks. the 08:00 start time is normally ignored in lieu of an 08:30 one but if you turn up early you can meet a few of the peeps first.

There is a wee cafe just built when I was last there in July and there are a few vending machines and hot and cold water. there are some signs of civilisation in the surroundings but southampton is your best bet for a night out if that is your thing.

The tutors I have had (Ian wk 1/3 and John 2/4) were both pretty great and putting what was near gibberish in the book into something we could understand.

If you are going on the 19th Dec see you there. Any other questions about the place, post and I'll check back later

Just bumping this to bring all contributors to the attention of all the threads we have on our forums about Train 4 Trade Skills.

There have been A LOT of people who feel they have been missold courses by Train 4 Trade Skills. Many taking legal action.

Please see this for electrical course threads on our sparky forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958
This for plumbing course threads on our plumbing forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958

Reply to train 4 trade in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net