Discuss training courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

craigb78

i need a definitive answer and cant find one.

has anyone done the course with trade skills for u? if so at the end of it are you fully qulified electrician? and any company will take you on? or to get your level 3 do you need 1 years work experience to complete the level 3? also when someone has completed this course are you able to walk to in to an electricians office and he will say i will give you a job as you are fully qualified to go out and do it on your own? these courses are wierd as everyone on the phone says yes you are fully qualified but then when i speak to actual electricians they say no you wont be fully qulaified you need to be an apprentice to become fully qulaified?

anyone shed any light? I.E someone who owns there own electrical company or someone who has done a course and then got a full time job after this on a good wage?

thanks

whats a Electrical Trainee? 5 week wonder? lol. so if i go throught a college and do a 3 year course at college does this make me fully qualified?

Yes, if you want to get a decent job out of it.
You can try going it alone with just a TS4U course behind you, but remember you don't need any qualifications at all to be a 'cowboy electrician.'
The 'cowboy track' might be faster, but it comes with all kinds of ancillary risks, such as people demanding their money back, 'Matt Alright BBC Rogue Traders' and that little bald fella who drives the Mitsubishi, or just someone giving you a smack in the mouth and telling you to 'do one' when you ask for money. I can't imagine it comes with much job satisfaction either.

I had a Electrical Trainee at work once, talked the talk then I asked him to lift some flooring with a circular saw, he looked at me like I just asked to sh** on his nan! Goto college mate, only way, see if u can get into evening course at college and become an electricians mate during the day, you can't beat experience

Yeah, I agree mate, go to college, don't fall fort he sales patter of the dodgy training schemes that are running, just look through this site. People who have been ripped off time and time again. You can't do a job like that with 5 weeks practical training, no matter how many books you read. You will get practical training and support with a college, and it's much cheaper. Don't fall for these schemes, they are not worth it.

Reply to training courses in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net