Discuss training required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Dawson77

hi all
I am new to this board so be with me...

I m trying to get into the industry through OLCI training and ive completed level 3 and level 4 of the 2330/2357 (it keeps changing!) and have passed my 17thedition wire regs

the final part need to complete is the NVQ whereby you need more on site experience that gets assessed to be fully certified by VV&G

I am currently working full time at the moment in a different field, so I am looking for anyone in the broxbourne/hertforshire area that works weekends that is looking for someone to help give them assistance in all areas of electrical work.. in return they provide me with some training and their many years of electrical wisdom!!

i hope this is received well

many thanks

Ben

2357 is level 3 and 2330 is either level 2 or level 3, please can you clarify which you have. Thanks.

yeah OLCI went bust, but was sold to Engineering Real Results Limited by the administrators who will continue to train the students

hi

the 2230 no longer exists which i completed with the olci, the 2357 is now a follow on from that which requires students to complete the NVQ element of the course and an additional unit 302... hope that make sense..

I believe the 2356 is the stand alone NVQ that you do if already completed the 2330 level 2 and 3.
The 2357 is the new NVQ course that includes the core components of the old 2330 and the NVQ in one bundle.

I stand to be corrected however.

I think I am in the same boat as you Dawson77 which is the reason why I registered to be fair. I to have completed my C&G 2330 level 2 + 3 but as I was only able to find work as an electricians mate in the domestic sector (peoples houses) I was unable to attain the scope of instilation methods and what not required to complete the actual NVQ. I was able to complete some of the units as working in peoples houses enabled me to meet the criteria of some. Others however could only be completed in you were working in the industrial/commercial side of things. This was somewhat frustrating as although I tried my best to find someone that might be able to help me I never did. Subsiquently I have been unable to better myself as it is one of those situation I cant seem to see a way out of.

I am 30 now and most of you guys who are proper electricians probably qualiffied well before that. At 30 I cant really get a job as an apprentice as these are generally designed for 16 -21 year olds. Without the apprenticeship I cannot complete the nvq. And without the nvq I cant obtain my gold card which would open so many doors for me as although I wouldnt be the finished article it would at least allow me to practice the art of an electrician in an electrical environment whilst honing my electrical skills.

Can anyone relate to being in my position and maybee share how they got to where they are assuming the didnt do what I have done for the last 2 years which was a career change.

Can anyone give me any advice on what they would do if they were in my position as it may just spark an opportunity (through a new idea) for me to get to where I want to get to as i really do feel as though I am stuck in a bit of a hole.

what makes matters worse is that the nvq is a whole new thing now from what I have read above and it doesnot run allong side the 2330 which has also been changed.

Sometimes i think there must be so many people like me out there who have found themselves in a similar position just becasue the supply of apprentice jobs in the electrical industry especially ones that really do see you through from start to finish are far outnumbered by the demmand and as was the case for me, the ones who do manage to find themselves a position that will see them become fully trained in a variety of electrical scenarios and sectors arent necasarilly the brightest, most hardworking or keen but sometimes the lucky ones who have family friends or family already in the profession.

I wonder if it would be acceptable to start a business that helps these people out that are over the desired age of a apprenticeship and whilst completing there electrical qualifications were not able to provide proof of the scope of work required in the nvq simply because they were never lucky enough to have it. In effect if I had a warehouse with a load of bays like colleges and learning centres do then i could take them in providing them with real life scinarios that would meet varios unit reuirments set out by the nvq. It sould all be bay work admitably but you would just scale things up when on a real job ( eg a 3 ft length of conduit in a bay may = 20 meter in a real world scenario). As once youve got the key skills its just a matter of getting out there and getting the experience.

I believe the 2356 is the stand alone NVQ that you do if already completed the 2330 level 2 and 3.
The 2357 is the new NVQ course that includes the core components of the old 2330 and the NVQ in one bundle.

I stand to be corrected however.

your right, Im doing that with jtl cause they didnt have funding for 2356 for some reason

the forum sponsor is still advertising City & Guilds 2356 NVQ level 3 Electrical

its clossed to new applicants

training required {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

end date keeps getting pushed back

[h=1]Electrotechnical Services and Systems (2356)[/h]Already working as an electrician, but with no qualifications as yet to prove your skills? With the Electrotechnical Services NVQ, you can change that. It's a recognised way to prove you meet the National Occupational Standards for an electrician - based on your day-to-day work. The Electrotechnical Services NVQ is for people who have achieved the 2330 (Electrotechnical Technology) Levels 2 and 3 or more and are already working as electricians, or in a similar role.

From City and guilds site

[h=1]Electrotechnical Services and Systems (2356)[/h]Already working as an electrician, but with no qualifications as yet to prove your skills? With the Electrotechnical Services NVQ, you can change that. It's a recognised way to prove you meet the National Occupational Standards for an electrician - based on your day-to-day work. The Electrotechnical Services NVQ is for people who have achieved the 2330 (Electrotechnical Technology) Levels 2 and 3 or more and are already working as electricians, or in a similar role.

From City and guilds site

if you give them a copy of 2330 certs then you need an environmental unit then just nvq the same as 2356

they are ending 2356

Reply to training required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock