• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Transit VAN T280s 57 reg new shape £3990 no vat. (Cheshire/Merseyside) in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BlueToBits

Ford Transit T280S Van For Sale ONLY £3990 NO VAT

New Shape 57 Reg Dec 31 2007
Short Wheel Base
Medium high roof
75000 genuine miles
MOT end Nov 13
Full service history and receipts etc. User manual and other paperwork.
1 previous owner
Ready to work
Cheap to insure (I pay £600 PA Fully comp. inc. business use & tools for any driver ANY AGE)

Transit VAN T280s 57 reg new shape £3990 no vat. (Cheshire/Merseyside) left - EletriciansForums.netTransit VAN T280s 57 reg new shape £3990 no vat. (Cheshire/Merseyside) front - EletriciansForums.netTransit VAN T280s 57 reg new shape £3990 no vat. (Cheshire/Merseyside) right - EletriciansForums.net
Transit VAN T280s 57 reg new shape £3990 no vat. (Cheshire/Merseyside) rear - EletriciansForums.netTransit VAN T280s 57 reg new shape £3990 no vat. (Cheshire/Merseyside) intrear - EletriciansForums.netTransit VAN T280s 57 reg new shape £3990 no vat. (Cheshire/Merseyside) intfront - EletriciansForums.net

The good points:

Technical Features:

ABS and ESP traction control. Good grip control and braking
2 litre Turbo diesel. – Great power and low fuel consumption.
FWD. - Good handling, Low cargo loading height
SWB, Great turning circle, easy to park. Fits easy in a supermarket parking bay.
Central locking key-fob with spare key
Factory fitted alarm and immobilizer.
Tow bar & electrics
New front discs, pads and alternator fitted 2013
Good tyres, battery and exhaust.

As an electrician, I've had 5 transits over 20 years. I've tried car derived and small vans (Astras, Nissan, and Toyotas) and had ladders and roof racks pinched, I've had upset customers because rain water has leaked from inside ladder stales onto carpets, I grew sick of not being able to carry a decent stock range, take away all the rubbish, carry a decent size genny. A transit with a high roof allows it to be used as a sheltered workshop, has space to keep things organised and sorted, lets you stand up in the back instead of kneeling on discarded screws and can carry big things on the occasions you need to. It can even work as a camper when working away from home.

Cab:

Excellent interior – no rips upholstery, no visible wear, stains or broken fittings
Loads of storage cubby compartments. Paperwork storage, cup and bottle holders etc.
fold down laptop PC Table
CD radio with mini-jack AUX in, Bluetooth hands-free phone function
Fold down arm rest
2 x 12v power sockets (always ‘on’)
Dash mount gear lever. Easy to exit passenger’s side when driver’s door is obstructed.

Cargo Space:

Medium High Roof - Keep ladders and conduits dry and secure. Can store 3 metres in length.
Fully ply lined – protect van panels and cargo
Fully air ventilated – no overnight condensation – dries out wet cargo
Sliding side door – easy access.
No key holes – Greater security. Lock tumblers cannot be forced or drilled out.
Full steel bulkhead. High security and safety
Clean. No plaster/cement.

Not so good points:

Some surface rust spots on roof, wheel arch and side door sill.
Small dent on driver’s door
2 screw holes on dash left by previous owner's phone holder.
A few oil stains on the floor ply from my genny.

Really Excellent point:

This van has to go so is very cheaply priced at £3990.00 No VAT.

Terms are strictly cash only. No offers. Sold as seen without warranty.
There is no HP on this van and it has not been subject to an insurance write-off. You should, of course check this for yourself.

This van is priced £1000 less than anything the same age on Autotrader and £500 cheaper than anything on Ebay classified. It is a genuine sale. There are no strings or catches. I've described it as best and as fairly as I can. If you want a perfect showroom condition van or one with a quick paint blow-over that will last no more than a few months then go to a showroom or dealer. If you want a honest decent cheap reliable work-horse, that could do with a few dabs of rust cure and touch up paint, then this is the one for you. It’s a take it or leave it price. No offers.
If you want the remaining TAX you can have it for £18 per full month remaining at the time of sale (exp July 2013 ) . You can also have whatever fuel is in the tank. The van is used daily as a car but I now need a proper car, no longer a van.

Sent me a PM to arrange viewing or for more info.

Reply to Transit VAN T280s 57 reg new shape £3990 no vat. (Cheshire/Merseyside) in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net