Discuss Trouble with an existing Pv system Schott Asi 105w panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Snoopdog1

Hi Guy after your best advice, been along to see a customer who is having trouble with his system which has been up and running for just over Four years and the original installers are no longer in business.

He has approx a 17kw system of Schott Asi 105 w panels on the roof Appox 162 info sketchy as limited info in handover pack, The system is wired between two SMA trip power 8kw investors. Three strings to each invertor

Both investors have the same fault and not producing energy solid red light with flashing green 3501

to me indicating low insulation resistance and SMA technical. On testing inflation resistance at 500v my lowest readings to earth are around 4meg ohms in the worst instance , so it's not great but above 200k ohms.

Sma am tell me the invertor is not compatible with those panels , but it's worked for four years. But can not give me a solution. Is their any one on here with experience with this Schott Asi panel I believe it's thin film. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation

Older thin-film panels often required the +ve or -ve DC branch earthed, hence why SMA might be saying they are incompatible with their TL inverters (no galvanic isolation) perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't think that applied with schott, which were framed panels.

Thin film panels have much worse capacitance which makes them more prone to IR cut out in cold / damp weather (including the dew at dawn when the inverter does that IR test at start up).

an installer with a grid guard code can adjust the insulation resistance downward from the initial 1MOhm, as long as it's testing out ok.

That fault can also indicate that there's water been getting into the connectors if not sealed properly, but in that case the IR tends to be significantly lower. Once it's up and running you can check the readings via the sunny explorer software.

Reply to Trouble with an existing Pv system Schott Asi 105w panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock