Discuss troubleshooting digital door entry system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

rumandcoke

hi forum,

i am new to this site and this is my first question

i am seeking advice on troubleshooting problems on a ISM C2000 digital door entry system

are they any members, who have worked on this system or similar, who can offer any practical information or troubleshooting tips

having read the manual, unfortunately, all they provide are troubleshooting tips for a new installation

currently the system has a zone fault, where:
- all magnetic locks for that zone are de-energised
- all handsets for that zone do not function

thank for reading, any assistance is appreciated

On a first impression I would say that the power to that zone has failed, either from a loose connection, failure of a local power supply or incorrect connection of power supply.
I do not know about that specific system but if you have a wiring diagram it should be easy to check for voltage at various points along that zone and see where it stops.

hi

the door entry system is a mix and match of ISM and PAC equipment

both ISM and PAC equipment are used for fob readers and decoders

PAC equipment is used for master and slave door controllers

the problem to the handsets was traced to a faulty ISM door control panel, fortunately a spare was available

the problem of the doors in fail safe mode was traced to a faulty PAC 2200 series controller
all inputs to the controller are ok, eg cabling, connections, power etc
but the unit fails to provide the 12v output to the door magnets
the unit is now obsolete

any pointers on how to get 12v output to the doors, how to repair this unit or source a replacement would be helpful

Reply to troubleshooting digital door entry system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock