Discuss Trying To Source A G9 Dome/shroud in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am trying to find a replacement shroud / dome for a G9 light fitting.

The shroud / dome I need has an M8 female base thread. It is 28mm high (excluding the separate lamp holder) and has a 20mm outside diameter. The shade will not accept a larger diameter fitting.

I cannot find the shroud / dome on line. All the shrouds available seem to have an M10 base thread.

I am attaching a couple of photos.

Can anyone suggest where I may be able to obtain these? Or if not, suggest how I might be able to convert the 8mm male end on the light fitting to the 10mm female on the shroud.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

IMG_001.JPG IMG_002.JPG

Reply to Trying To Source A G9 Dome/shroud in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have some lighting fixtures with G9 sockets that I want to use for outdoor 12V LED lighting. After extensive searches I have come to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an antique light fitting that for some reason she wants putting up (can't say I love it haha) however it didn't come with any...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I decided to sign up to reach out to some experienced folks who may be able to point me in the direction of how to make this work (and...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views
What is the oldest dimmer switch you have seen in use recently? When did you install your first dimmer? (Veteran sparks only) I ask because a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock