Discuss Trying to view 18th Edition Draft in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Andy-1960

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone else having difficulties reading the draft that has been posted on the BSI website?

I'm finding it is painfully slow or stops responding..

Very frustrating

Yes it is virtually unviewable. I think it is because it is trying to display and update a large document and can't handle it.

The best way I have found is to close all other tabs/windows and drag the red slider to move round the document, wait for it to update, then adjust the slider to try and find relevant sections.
A pdf download would be so much simpler to browse.

Yes, it's a nightmare. I kind of wish there was a quick way to view the comments but looking at it you have to scroll through section by section and hope you spot the one with the comments on it.

The only thing I've managed to get so far from it is the requirement to install an earth electrode regardless of suppliers earthing arrangements, so yet more expense for simple jobs as we're expected to ensure earthing and bonding is up to date. Another route for cowboys to undercut those of us who play by the rules :(

There is a bar at the left which has links to the sections but it's a bit hit and miss.
The last DPC had handy red markings which showed what had been added, removed, or altered.

Popped back later , going better .
Though F-Fox said I had an unresponsive script, for some actions
Ignored rather than close ..and hey presto selected-page
(...Resist extra clicking ... now it is the web sites that are slow )

I am having similar problems viewing it!
I think they do it on purpose to try and stop people who know what they are doing looking too closely at the alterations before the deadline for comment stops anyone commenting and they change it regardless!
Sy

If you want to speed up the viewing of the Draft try this that I worked out:

1. Open up the draft in chrome
  2. Press F12
  3. Press Ctrl +F
  4. Straight away Type in the search box "1200px" with no quotes and press Enter
  5. You will see the word hidden on the same line as the highlighted word 1200px
  6. Keep Double clicking on the word hidden until only it highlights and delete the word hidden
  7. Press Enter
  8. Press F12
  9. If you also want to be able to use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste from the draft then above where we delete the word hidden also Double click on and change the name of " Document-Viewing-Area" which is on the same line to the left of 1200px to any value you like and press Enter

This will allow you to use the normal scrollbar to view the entire document real fast but the commenting system will be messed up.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

J

Reply to Trying to view 18th Edition Draft in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock