Discuss TT supply shed submain in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
New TT supply on unbuilt barn conversion with 8ft of 5/8 rod & reading of 48ohm with current swamp conditions.
next phase is large all wood storage shed with power & lighting fed in 10.0mm 3core ,swa plan is drive another rod & link both or is it possible to export TT earth?

Last edited:
You can export the earth, have a separate TT island, or link the two.
Safest option would probably be to link the two, with the least safest being to export.
Is there likely to be livestock between the two buildings?

You can export the earth, have a separate TT island, or link the two.
Safest option would probably be to link the two, with the least safest being to export.
Is there likely to be livestock between the two buildings?
no livestock so will stick to plan "A" then just curious about the export option.
for safer install the cost of a couple of rods and an inspection manhole ain't huge.

Reply to TT supply shed submain in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As the title says, I am looking for a recommendation for an enclosure and gland arrangement to electrically isolate or divorce the earth/armouring...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Got a bit of a strange one (by my usual standards anyway). Job is a large barn conversion, done years ago, there's loads of work to...
Replies
Views
I am considering the options which may apply to the earthing arrangement for a supply to a wooden shed. The property has a TN-C-S supply from...
Replies
Views
Another question! I'm designing for a TT system, there's going to be one 10 way Rcbo consumer unit for the house, less than 3 metres away from...
Replies
Views
I propose to use a redundant shower supply that terminates in the attic. This will be connected to swa 4mm 3 core cable and run 45m to a new shed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock