Discuss TT System testing and results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AdamDee

Hi Guys,

I have been testing for about a year and have come across my first tt system yesterday.

I disconnected the earth and tested for Ze and got 8.67 ohms which I believe to be a great reading as osg allows up to 200 ohms. I couldn't do a Ra reading as the rod is under the house and impossible to get to.

But when I'm doing all the earth loop tests on all the circuits I'm getting similar readings between 7ohms to 9ohms. As I havent tested this before and not really sure on it I dont know what im doing wrong, what the problem is and how to fix it? So any help would be great if possible.

Many thanks.

Probs getting better connection with parralel paths from water and gas assuming main bonding is present. That's if readings are lower. As monkey said there usually very close anyhow. What were you expecting?

There's nothing to fix tho. You have confirmed your reading complies and there is external earth. Note figures on cert and move on. Simples.

All circuits on a TT must be protected by an RCD so that earth faults will cause disconnection, a L-N fault will disconnect the MCB but a L-E fault will only disconnect the RCD. The RCD only needs 30mA and you would have about 29A with that Zs.

Hi Guys,

I have been testing for about a year and have come across my first tt system yesterday.

I disconnected the earth and tested for Ze and got 8.67 ohms which I believe to be a great reading as osg allows up to 200 ohms. I couldn't do a Ra reading as the rod is under the house and impossible to get to.

But when I'm doing all the earth loop tests on all the circuits I'm getting similar readings between 7ohms to 9ohms. As I havent tested this before and not really sure on it I dont know what im doing wrong, what the problem is and how to fix it? So any help would be great if possible.

Many thanks.

That's an impressive Ze on TT - did you disconnect the water and gas bonding?

I mean no disrespect to Adamdee because you only experience whats in front of you,this is a general forum moan

The amount of threads that contain very confused folk in this subject is very surprising.
It would seem to be essential to obtain this understanding
,I am sorry to say a TT system is well documented type,its in all the books and should be understood even if it has not been experienced

I mean no disrespect to Adamdee because you only experience whats in front of you,this is a general forum moan

The amount of threads that contain very confused folk in this subject is very surprising.
It would seem to be essential to obtain this understanding
,I am sorry to say a TT system is well documented type,its in all the books and should be understood even if it has not been experienced

But rarely taught

Reply to TT System testing and results in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net