Discuss Twin & Earth as meter tails in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Phase Con

I have recently joined NICEIC. I have done a few jobs since but got asked to quote to replace a consumer unit. Whilst 'quoting' and doing a inspection of the installation. Bonding, CPC in lighting etc. I took a few photos (as I have crap memory).
The consumer unit is being supplied via what looks like, 6mm twin and earth going to a VOP in the kitchen/utility area before the consumer unit.
I need to give a quote for the replacement, but I need to include replacement of the meter tails aswell?
Any thoughts out there, from those more experienced.Photo 27-11-2015, 15 49 53.jpgPhoto 27-11-2015, 16 01 16.jpg

i usually charge £350 for new 10way metal clad fuse board incl. 25mm tails and 16mm earth and usually extra £120 for gas and water bond. any fault finding charge at a hourly rate.

I have recently joined NICEIC. I have done a few jobs since but got asked to quote to replace a consumer unit. Whilst 'quoting' and doing a inspection of the installation. Bonding, CPC in lighting etc. I took a few photos (as I have crap memory).
The consumer unit is being supplied via what looks like, 6mm twin and earth going to a VOP in the kitchen/utility area before the consumer unit.
I need to give a quote for the replacement, but I need to include replacement of the meter tails aswell?
Any thoughts out there, from those more experienced.View attachment 30786View attachment 30787

hum.... Is replacing the tails possible? Changing the cu will make the installation safer so may be a note on the cert.

tin hat on

hum.... Is replacing the tails possible? Changing the cu will make the installation safer so may be a note on the cert.

tin hat on
I might consider adding heat shrink to cover the exposed cores if it was 16mm, but he's identified it as 6mm so theres really not much choice!

for the sake of less than a tenner for a set of tails, get em in. 25mm or 16mm, depends on DNO fuse size.

Thanks guys for your comments.
To answer one question: VOT: Voltage Operated Trip. Sorry posted wrong letter earlier.
Found out about one on my NIC assessment, I just assumed it was a RCD

Reply to Twin & Earth as meter tails in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net