Discuss Two ceiling rose one switch - Please advice in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out the wiring of two ceiling rose with one switch but I can't figure it out. Would appreciate any advice.

I have identified which cable is which but can't figure out where the 2nd ceiling rose cable goes.

Right now the 2nd ceiling rose is always on and 1st ceiling rose works correctly with the switch.

Any help would be amazing :)

Thanks.

Two ceiling rose one switch - Please advice {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

simpless. in rose 1, move the brown that feeds rose 2 to the right hand terminal. you'll need to double it up with the brown switched L. obviously, isolate supply first.

What Telectrix said.

What they both said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks a lot of quick reply guys!

Did you mean this? because now its the other way around. 1st rose is always on and 2nd rose can be controlled by the switch.

[/IMG]

If it is wired exactly as you have shown in the diagram above, I cannot see how the first would be on and the second is controlled by the switch. So, isolate it and check your connections in the first rose very carefully because that should work as you require.

as sparkychick's post. if it's wired as per that diagram, it's correct. if your electrical skills were as good as your drawing skills, then we;d be worried about the competition. :)

All fixed!! and working :) Many thanks to all. I had identify the consumer unit and 2nd ceiling rose wrong.

Brilliant telectrix haha. I'm actually a graphic designer but I do like to do DIY. My pluming skills is as bad as my electric skills as well haha

If you guys need any business card, flyers or website give me shout :)

Thanks again everyone

Surely this was a wind up for a bit of free advertising!

Reply to Two ceiling rose one switch - Please advice in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock