Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss two new consumner units from existing supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. ianbrookes

ianbrookes Regular EF Member

any advice would be gratefully accepted.

I have two new consumer units to fit, one for a garage supply (2 circuits 20amp and 6amp) and one for a conversion over the garage (4 circuits, 1 32amp, 1 16amp, 2 6amp). I am going to alter the existing meter config (additional tails tails to a block) to allow for an SWA cable to run to the garage which will feed both the new circuits. I am assuming I need a fused safety disconnect switch in the garage and then feed the two consumer units from that (one in the garage one one above in the conversion). any ideas what the best way to do this would be ? and what are the best equipment to use ? thanks in advance.

effectively I want to change an existing single phase supply at the meter to feed two other consumer units.

2. BertUK

BertUK Regular EF Member

is this as well as the main house with a board aswell?

3. ianbrookes

ianbrookes Regular EF Member

Yes. the main house has a 100amp incomer and 10 circuits, so I wanted to come straight from the meter rather than alter the existing fuse board.
    thx.

4. BertUK

BertUK Regular EF Member

so 2 more boards with a total 86A and the main house with 10 circuits all from a 100A fuse,some calculations needed here i think or maybe another separate supply from the local DNO.

5. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    one word... diversity.

6. BertUK

BertUK Regular EF Member

quite a lot of