Discuss Ukip in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

You've won me over with your argument. Guess I'll be voting Tory.

£90 billion.

Not trying to win anyone over!

there are simply too many people moaning about the increase in the national debt since 2010 - the reality is that who ever won in 2010 would have racked up the debt as cutting £160 billion overnight would have destroyed the uk economy.

so just focus on how long it will take to pay off, as by 2020 the national debt could be £2 trillion - which is eye watering

so any surplus can't be just be spent on services, it has to be used to pay interest and debt.

so any party promising much in the way of extra spending, or tax cuts isn't being honest.

how ever you look at it, it's not looking good for our kids and grand KiddKidd

Too many parties( in fact all the parties ) are talking about the deficit. People are mistakiingly thinking the deficit is the debt. It's not. The deficit is the shortfall we are paying on the interest on the debt. no one has even begun to talk about paying the actual debt off. We are up **** creek.

Not trying to win anyone over!

there are simply too many people moaning about the increase in the national debt since 2010 - the reality is that who ever won in 2010 would have racked up the debt as cutting £160 billion overnight would have destroyed the uk economy.

so just focus on how long it will take to pay off, as by 2020 the national debt could be £2 trillion - which is eye watering

so any surplus can't be just be spent on services, it has to be used to pay interest and debt.

so any party promising much in the way of extra spending, or tax cuts isn't being honest.

how ever you look at it, it's not looking good for our kids and grand KiddKidd

Labour have said all along that they would cut the deficit slower than the Tories, in 2010 the Tories said they would clear the deficit by now & start paying off the debt, but it's running at £90 billion.

They lied than & they are lying now.

Don't worry, I'm confident that Cameron will still be PM this time next week.

It seems that the Tories are better at lying than the Labour party are at getting the truth across.

Labour have said all along that they would cut the deficit slower than the Tories, in 2010 the Tories said they would clear the deficit by now & start paying off the debt, but it's running at £90 billion.

They ALL lied than & they are ALL lying now. Yes ALL parties

Don't worry, I'm confident that Cameron will still be PM this time next week.

It seems that the Tories are better at lying than the Labour party are at getting the truth across.

edited that for you

whats really scared, is that unless the eu climbs out of recession and starts growing quickly, nothing much will change in the uk, unless the exporters get out and about across the globe.

Tne other real worry for is all, is that with the growing population, housing costs are only going up

edited that for you

whats really scared, is that unless the eu climbs out of recession and starts growing quickly, nothing much will change in the uk, unless the exporters get out and about across the globe.

Tne other real worry for is all, is that with the growing population, housing costs are only going up

Then we need to build more houses, preferably social housing.

i don't believe we are a prosperous country. How can you say we are a prosperous country when we have to lend money to pay our debts. Ok I accept we are not in as much trouble as most other European county's! But that doesn't mean we are prosperous. It just means we are in a lesser mess than others, but still a mess.

One of the reasons we are not in as much of a mess is because we have tackled the the deficit. Yes there is a long way to go, but it is being tackled.

And none of the main parties have this in their manifestos

You're probably right, I think the Tories talk about helping to buy your home & labour talk about getting houses built but not that they would build them which is what I would like to see.

i don't believe we are a prosperous country. How can you say we are a prosperous country when we have to lend money to pay our debts. Ok I accept we are not in as much trouble as most other European county's! But that doesn't mean we are prosperous. It just means we are in a lesser mess than others, but still a mess.

One of the reasons we are not in as much of a mess is because we have tackled the the deficit. Yes there is a long way to go, but it is being tackled.

I think you need to define prosperous then.
If by having debts means we are not prosperous then we are not prosperous, however this would not be my definition.

It's late & I've had a couple of beers, this must be why I read your last paragraph as 'we have tackled the deficit'

Best I was off to bed.

I think you need to define prosperous then.
If by having debts means we are not prosperous then we are not prosperous, however this would not be my definition.

It's late & I've had a couple of beers, this must be why I read your last paragraph as 'we have tackled the deficit'

Best I was off to bed.

Sorry Andy "we have tackled the deficit" is definately not the correct wording. Maybe "we are proactively tackling the deficit" is what I should have said.

As for the definition of prosperous. I cannot be bothered to look in the dictionary, but I am sure deferent people will have different views. This one is just mine.

Hope you enjoyed those beers and slept without nightmares.

Well it's gone to a recount so fingers crossed for Nigel.

12.6% share of the vote but only 1-2 seats. WTF is all that about.

Last edited:
Hum.... in 2005 Tony Blair/Labour got 35% of the vote and 355 seats.

The first past the post system has been broken for decades.

The trouble is it may be broken but the alternatives aren't much better if they result in never ending coalition and no positive decisions are made to address the problems

Well Farage has resigned now as party leader but I think he is just playing a shrewd game and will be back next term or maybe he will be straight back saying he has been inundated with requests to reconsider ... I don't see what he's doing as in character with his passion.

He'll be back.

Personally, although a little disappointed he didn't get South Thanet, overall I'm really pleased with their result!

Next on the list, electoral reform please.

The SNP get 56 seats on the back of a few hundred thousand votes and UKIP get a single seat on the back of over four million votes! The Greens (as much as I hate them) get a single seat on the back of over a million votes.

This is not democracy!

Reply to Ukip in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net