Discuss Under Counter Fridge, Washing Machine Isolation in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ryan77

-
Reaction score
Quick question got to get my six posts ,If double socket is used under counter can that satisfy regulations as isolation point or is a single pole fused switch also needed . got a tenner on it so need to know thanks for all welcomes

Depends if its a built in unit then will require an assessible isolation point if its just a push in fridge on feet or wheels etc then its fine as just a socket, although other reg's to be taken into account like environmental etc you dont want to be putting a socket under a drainer or plumbware for dishwasher etc as these by their nature are prone to leak or spray on install, servicing or given enough time the seals break down.

Not built in unit just sitting under counter with gap between it and socket on wall at its side so no problem to reach so should satisfy regs as isolation point i think . but needed advice so i can demand my winnings with confidence cheers darkwood

As long as you stated free standing you are fine but i see them pulling you on the built in senerio if you didn't which means your both right but circumstance dependent .... dont spend it too quickly.

get the tenner, convert it into beer, drink beer, if they argue about it tell them they can get it back in a bucket.

Under the worktop, behind items such as fridges and washing machines is NOT assessible IMHO.

If only I was allowed to help tidy up the next version of the regs.....

Murdoch couldn't agree more but as it stands because you can pull them out they are accessible as opposed to a in built unit that requires unscrewing to gain access.... I also would like to see a 80yr old isolate the washer because its they have seen smoke coming out of it :wheelchair:

Murdoch couldn't agree more but as it stands because you can pull them out they are accessible as opposed to a in built unit that requires unscrewing to gain access.... I also would like to see a 80yr old isolate the washer because its they have seen smoke coming out of it :wheelchair:

Just before Xmas I installed a new dedicated radial for a washing machine and dishwasher in a kitchen as the elderly couple were worried they wouldn't be able to get them out to unplug them.

When I turned up to do the install, I discovered the numpty who had installed the kitchen had done such a good job that I had to disconnect the drain pipe from the dishwasher before I could pul it out to unplug it. Moron fitters like this should be shot.

We always fit FCU above worktop so that dodgy domestic appliance service guys don't get to say sorry missus i can't isolate your faulty washing machine so hand over the £100 call out fee and i'm off !
We also fit them with neon's so the partially sighted can see when its left on, and engrave them to purpose so blondes etc can work out what there for !

engrave them to purpose so blondes etc can work out what there for !

if they'rer installed in essex, would need pictures on them.

Reply to Under Counter Fridge, Washing Machine Isolation in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net