Discuss Under cupboard lights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
What yous all using for under cupboard lights , and is quick fit

Depth can only be 30mm and length 300mm and don't want to be strip light if can help it,

Thx

Last edited:
Another one;
Ansell Axiom LED Strip Lighting & Accessories - https://www.electricalcounter.co.uk/products/Lighting/Indoor+Lighting/Ansell+Indoor+Lighting/Strip+Lights+%26+LED+Display/Axiom+LED+Strip+Lights

I know a lot use the LED, installed looks neat. But from experience, some of it comes unstuck, especially in existing kitchens. End up installing the extrusion, which increases the cost considerably. If the customer wants, LED strip, colour change etc, use the strip with ali extrusion. If not, keep to something simple IMO.

LED Strip should ALWAYS be installed in or on an extrusion for heat dissipation away from the diodes, it should never be stuck directly to a cupboard (or non-heat conducting materials).

Adhesion aside, it will drastically reduce the lifespan of the product.

The cheapest option, for LED Strip, is to simply use a 3mm thick flat bar aluminium. A 5m length comes in at about £4 from places like Richard Austin Alloys. Cut it to length, drill and countersink every 500mm, clean the face with degreaser and then use some kind of primer. This could be 3M Primer 94 (the best by costly option) or a Nonsense spray adhesive from Screwfix will suffice 95% of the time. Once tacky, apply the tape.

Reply to Under cupboard lights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy a replacement light fitting like the one in the picture? It takes a s15 bulb 284mm and the length can be no...
Replies
Views
I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
As the title says. But then I cut off a jst connection off one of the light strips and I can't get them to work together... the one strip is plug...
Replies
Views
I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone We have some 10mm PCB RGBCCT strips (6 terminals/wires) being installed in the kitchen under the worktops However electrician is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock