Discuss Under kitchen cupboard lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Anthony16090

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
Just need some advice, what's the best way to instal under kitchen cupboard led lights.

First chase out the wall lift up flooring and connect to the Lights all ready wired up

2nd come of the socket directly under the new cupboards, due to being led the lights will have a transformer to reduce the output, now for this would a fcu have to be added ??? Or could it be wired straight from the socket.
It would have a separate switch under the cupboard to turn of and on.

If you are to connect to the existing circuit, this would need to be checked to ensure it has been done correctly in the first place, this to may have been connected to the Ring main.. you never know.
If you are to spur off the sockets in the kitchen yes you can do this but you will have to install a fused spur withe correct size fuse (3A?) to feed your new lights

Just fitted some for my daughter,went like a dream,finished in 2 hours,they look good.
Supplied these of cooker hood supply,managed to hide cable behind back of kitchen cabinets & "fished" over to cooker hood position,through dot & dab,job done.

Hi thanks

I have my 17th edition and my testing and inspection, I just lack the practical side.
I the other lights I can confirm are run of the light circuit as I have tested it, even has a light switch.
Now I marked this down on my sheet is a c1, but I was told that it was incorrect, when I challenged it I was told that it was ok it didn't need a fcu as it was job of the transf

That's the point it's not off the lighting, that I wouldn't have a problem with.
the problem is new kitchen cupboards have been added, and led lighting has been connected via a double socket through a transformer as it was the easiest power supply.
At the moment I can question both sides, there was also an absence of earthing at the socket, now this goes down as a c2 as an earth fault would need to happen for it to become a c1.

That's the point it's not off the lighting, that I wouldn't have a problem with.
the problem is new kitchen cupboards have been added, and led lighting has been connected via a double socket through a transformer as it was the easiest power supply.
At the moment I can question both sides, there was also an absence of earthing at the socket, now this goes down as a c2 as an earth fault would need to happen for it to become a c1.[/QUOTE

What's wrong with plugging the lights into a socket, not very high tech, but still workable :)

No cpc should be rectified of course ;)

I'm confused here. You are giving codes out and are also installing LED lights. Is this the same job?
Did you find why there was no earth to the socket? Is it a ring? Did neither CPC bell back to earth?
Sorry for all the questions!

Dazburnsout.

I'm confused here. You are giving codes out and are also installing LED lights. Is this the same job?
Did you find why there was no earth to the socket? Is it a ring? Did neither CPC bell back to earth?
Sorry for all the questions!

Dazburnsout.
Think he might have burndout.

I've just been installing some Hafele Loox LED lights (supplied by the kitchen company) for a customer.
Looks like an interesting range. The drivers can be connected to a remote switch- either wired or WIRELESS.
Quite a neat arrangement IMO. Worth a Googlepeek if you are interested.

No I am still here, I would rather just use people that give you advice, rather than just say the same rubbish over and over again.
Just so you no the job has been completed, building control sent out a electrician, who was happy with my work, but less than happy with the work of another useless so called electrician.

Reply to Under kitchen cupboard lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock