Discuss under stairs cupboard light in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

APE37

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone can reccomend a light for under the stairs cupboards. Looking to install one in my house for part of my assesment from consumer unit and was thinking of using a batten holder, but just think it would look bad, maybe a bulkhead? If anyone can help with a suitable light i would be grateful.

Cheers

Cripes - 9w LED in an understairs cupboard - best you sell the customer some sun glasses too.

How about this:

LEDBHR7W - 7W ? 450lm LED Energy Saver Bulkhead Light | Timeguard

or this 5w unit:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_I...ting_Bulkheads_Index/Bulk_Energy_1/index.html

Bulkhead, takes account of people groping about in tight spaces, less damage, less danger

The 7W Timeguard fitting that Murdoch liked would be a good bet. I fitted a 25W version of it this week, blimey was it bright !!. Very good build quality, nice and slim profile for an under cupboard, and the 7W version looked nice, neat and small compared to a 16W 2D.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the recomendations, was thinking of using a batten holder with trunking butted up to the fitting, but think this will look bad. I have just forund a cieling rose adapter that can accept trunking, which may make it look a bit better, but I think I am going to go with a bulk head, as Pete pointed out, it only wants someone under the stairs to be moving about and knock the batten lamp holder and it will be off the wall. So Will go for a bulkhead.
Cheers for all your help.

Hi Guys,
Just another quick question.
I am going to install the understairs light tomorrow and was wondering if as I am installing cables in PVC trunking will I need to meet reg 521.11 wiring in escape routes? I am assuming no, as the containment is under the stairs and not encroaching into the escape route, but I thought I would confirm this as I am maybe looking to use this as part of my re assesment and don't want to get it wrong.
Thanks for all the help and Advice in advance.

Hi Guys,
Just another quick question.
I am going to install the understairs light tomorrow and was wondering if as I am installing cables in PVC trunking will I need to meet reg 521.11 wiring in escape routes? I am assuming no, as the containment is under the stairs and not encroaching into the escape route, but I thought I would confirm this as I am maybe looking to use this as part of my re assesment and don't want to get it wrong.
Thanks for all the help and Advice in advance.

Definitions Part 2 - BYB page 28

Reply to under stairs cupboard light in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock