Discuss Underfloor heating in a conservatory in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

paulfreer

Had my assessment today and when looking through some certificates got asked why I had done a EIC for a spur for underfloor heating off a ring main which was connected to the heating system when I could have just done a minor works, I said to him I thought underfloor heating was notifiable which he disagreed on for this particular installation. Can someone put the record straight please?????

Just to clear things up, not the first time I have used this! People should really have a better understanding of the building regulations, especially Part P which you should should have intermate contact and knowledge of like your hand has to your Part Pee Pipe!!!

Underfloor heating in a conservatory photo - EletriciansForums.net

Had my assessment today and when looking through some certificates got asked why I had done a EIC for a spur for underfloor heating off a ring main which was connected to the heating system when I could have just done a minor works, I said to him I thought underfloor heating was notifiable which he disagreed on for this particular installation. Can someone put the record straight please?????

Certification and Part P notification are 2 separate things. Also, you have simply just carried out modification to an existing circuit then Minor Works certificate was suitable.

Special locations all Notifiable
BS7671
709 Marinas
710 Medical locations
711 Exhibitions
712 Solar power systems
717 Mobile units
729 Operating and Maintenance gangways
740 temporary installations for fair ground rides, circuses
753 Floor and ceiling heating systems

allthough notifiable does a spur supply to a special location warrant a full test cert

To answer the OP,

If the work is in a special location it is notifiable.
But you only need to complete a minor works cert for altering 1 existing circuit.

Reply to Underfloor heating in a conservatory in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock