Discuss Underfloor Heating Programmer Advice Please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

U

U WATT

Hello,

I have been asked by a customer if i can replace his underfloor heating thermostat for a programmable thermostat. Is this possible?

Could i use a room programmer?

Can't seem to find a universal programmable thermostat on the market.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

D

Thats all very well Tony. I also asked if this is possible?

Appreciate your help

Yep, you said in the OP that he wants a programmable thermostat. Why does he want one? Is he trying to reduce energy consumption? Does he want remote control or bluetooth? Does he want it ipaddressable so he can control it over the internet and switch it on/off from work? Does he not like the click noise that an analogue thermostat makes when it operates? Does he need 7-day timer functionality? Is he trying to get tighter control of the room temperature? If we know why he wants a programmable timer it would be easier to suggest something that might work better for him.

Hi Marvo. Thanks for the reply. He would like to change from the old analogue to a programmable thermo so he can he can simply set the times for the underfloor heating to become active.

It won't need to be blue tooth or internet compatible. Really only need to know if this is possible to upgrade and if anyone can suggest a universal thermostat/programmer.

Thanks again for your help and time. Appreciate it.

D

if you let us know what system its going on perhaps members could help !
Is it electric underfloor heating or part of the boiler system ie wet under floor heating ?

Is it a wired stat or wireless ?

Thanks Ashrow. Think it will do the job but just wanted to be sure. Client spending a lot of cash upgrading.

Thanks for you're time.

David

Reply to Underfloor Heating Programmer Advice Please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock