Discuss Unsatisfactory in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffed

-
Arms
Reaction score
Connected new central heating system,did usual test Zs at switch spur for boiler.Also a visual only on the 3 bed property.Noted no earth on oil supply,upfront a 100ma rcd it's a tt system.Told all this to the gaffer,apparently we did the pit report sometime ago,the client knows all this but failed to do any thing about the issues raised.My query. Is should we have connected the boiler system,there was an existing boiler system already connected,we just connected a y plan new system,who would be responsible if all went ---- up cheers

Hi Cliffed

Before doing any additions / alterations all bonding / earthing has to be to current regs, but 'like for like' replacements don't as far as I know. If I'm wrong the other guys will correct me. Was the Zs result OK?

Put your concerns on a Minor Works Cet with your Zs reading

Cheers T&E

If the old heating system and new one both connected to the same FCU the changes would be maintenance - and thus upgrades aren't necessary.

However a note on the MWC is in order.

If the old heating system and new one both connected to the same FCU the changes would be maintenance - and thus upgrades aren't necessary.

However a note on the MWC is in order.

But you wouldn't have to do a minor works any testing other than a functional test if it was just a change of like for like equipment????

then again, you can do a MWC if only to put your concern about the bonding on paper.

then again, you can do a MWC if only to put your concern about the bonding on paper.

Not saying you shouldn't it's good practice to do one! Just if it's going to cause issues do what you need and go home. You start doing certs and that could be comebacks.

Hi Cliffed

Before doing any additions / alterations all bonding / earthing has to be to current regs, but 'like for like' replacements don't as far as I know. If I'm wrong the other guys will correct me. Was the Zs result OK?

Cheers T&E
cheers Zs .33 on tt system ,find ,& noted on report to gaffer

Hi Cliffed

Cheers T&E

Is is that what DIY Dave does when he's changing Mrs Jones light or sockets or metal light switches on a non earthed lighting system for a fiver coz Mrs Jones is to tight to pay a proper sparks? I'll have to lend him my loop tester!

Is that 33 ohms or 0,33 ohms?? At 0.33 ohms, that's bloody good for a TT system with just one rod in the ground, especially if you have no main bonding on the installation!!

You will probably not need bonding on the oil supply pipe if it's not been buried from the bulk storage tank, ...that you will have to test, to be sure if it's extraneous or not....

Reply to Unsatisfactory in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock