Discuss Update: Recent Downtime in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

I knew mate !! only teasing, thanks for looking after us pal.

Hi guys and gals,

Just a quick one to let you know about the recent downtime.

We have some hard disk related issues with the SSD. We have a new server built and it's being customised, and we'll swap the data to it once it's secure.

You shouldn't see any downtime during that process, but you might find the odd glitchy period while we're still loading off of the old server over the next 12/24 hours. Each time it goes offline we get an alert and will restore the glitchy files that didn't manage to get read/written to properly, and it'll come back up, but it's a case of cat and mouse during this time while we keep things rolling just enough to get on this new server.

The current server is a couple of years old now, so rather than just swapping to another drive on it, we'd rather get a new one built.

Hang in there.

Thanks for your patience. :)
Appreciate the work you have put in over the weekend, to get it up an running. Regards Dave.

Yeah I bet is Blood is 95 % Redbull at the minute lol

Nice to be back :smiley: notice the first page of smilies is not working (so used the second page :tonguewink:) This may be one of the glitches you mentioned.
Once you get your breath back and and your pulse is normal some kind of email sytem would be nice to let us know If this is possible.

Cheers Mykey

Nice to be back :smiley: notice the first page of smilies is not working (so used the second page :tonguewink:) This may be one of the glitches you mentioned.
Once you get your breath back and and your pulse is normal some kind of email sytem would be nice to let us know If this is possible.

Cheers Mykey
One did go out but broke half way through sending. I didn't want to kill the network again so didn't try and send again.

Went out to about 6000 out of 57000 so just over 10%.

Usually find word gets around quick though.

I don't think you realise how addictive it is until it's not there, I knew I had a problem when I had to join the Plumbers forum just to try and find some of the lads from here.:oops:

I felt like I was looking through the curtains from the outside on a winters night looking on the plumbers forum, I saw a few of you sitting on the sofa so I knew it wouldn't be long. Thanks again staff!

It`s in the Plumbers Arms where it really comes to life with everybody knowing what winds who up and the micky taking, guess it`s the same here? As an outsider looking in I guess it can look kind of bland otherwise.

It`s in the Plumbers Arms where it really comes to life with everybody knowing what winds who up and the micky taking, guess it`s the same here? As an outsider looking in I guess it can look kind of bland otherwise.
Given you arms access here, work it out yourself lol

Reply to Update: Recent Downtime in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net