Discuss upstairs and downstairs lighting circuits in one switch coding in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

i have always been told because if someone went to change the switch amd turned off say down lights ( the householder ),then they might think it was dead,it would be ok if it was a grid switch ?

i have always been told because if someone went to change the switch amd turned off say down lights ( the householder ),then they might think it was dead,it would be ok if it was a grid switch ?

The regulations do not make allowance for incompetent persons failing to follow safe isolation.

There is a regs about a warning labels being required if there could be a live supply within a piece of equipment after one circuit is isolated (514.15) But I would not say this is required in a domestic environment

There is a regs about a warning labels being required if there could be a live supply within a piece of equipment after one circuit is isolated (514.15) But I would not say this is required in a domestic environment

I'm pretty sure this only relates to different supply origins, and would be applicable in a domestic situation where a solar generation system existed as well as a DNO supply for example.

I'm pretty sure this only relates to different supply origins, and would be applicable in a domestic situation where a solar generation system existed as well as a DNO supply for example.
Yes sorry you are right just looked in the regs , I was thinking of the labels on BMS equipment of have seen saying that live parts may still be present when main isolator is turned off or words to that effect, Not sure if this is a requirement though

do youmean on the same switch, or 2 circuits in the same enclosure?

Reply to upstairs and downstairs lighting circuits in one switch coding in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net