Discuss Use of technology to learn the trade in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Drexyn

Hi folks,

Has anyone seen or used any type of virtual reality technology whilst learning the trade?

The reason i am asking is because i am acutely aware of the use of this type of technology for games consoles and pc games. This got me thinking more about the benefits of using this type of technology in a learning environment.

I appreciate the obvious fact about costs etc... however i believe with the right types of programming, the use of these types of equipment will slowly start to become the normal practice.

Many companies are starting to use these items as training tools, examples are the military, surgeons, R&D companies and the most obvious of course is sports companies. Does anyone think that VR tech could be considered a valued use of modern technology or do you think it is a waste of money and stick to the books?

I think having this type of tech would greatly enhance the learning experience and can provide real virtual scenarios without the obvious risks and all in the comfort of a training environment. The opportunities to change the programmes and add or edit different scenarios to manipulate the learning environment would be almost endless.

I would appreciate your feedback on this as it is something i am considering for a future project.

Reply to Use of technology to learn the trade in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good morning. Recently I started a new job with a company that does smart houses. For this project they use dali and knx. Now, I am looking for...
Replies
Views
I am writing to express my strong interest in joining your esteemed organization as I embark on the next phase of my career in the field of...
Replies
Views
Lincoln Tech's Whitestone, NY campus is seeking candidates with trade experience in any of the following systems: Fire Security Electrical...
Replies
Views
I'm facing a dilemma and any advice would be hugly appreciated. I'm transitioning from the military into becoming an electrician. I've completed...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, and thank you for accepting my registration to your forum. I am a family man 34 years of age and am in the process of looking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock