Discuss Van Insurance for Electricians Vans in the Insurance for Electricians area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

Van Insurance for Electricians - Electricians Van Insurance Prices and Insurance Companies

Edit: We've teamed up with an insurance firm to offer you discounted insurance, as well as checking all the links below provided by us and forum members, please checkout the following link too: ELECTRICIANSFORUMS.CO.UK VAN INSURANCE DISCOUNTED FOR MEMBERS!

Let us know who you've gone with last for Van Insurance and whether you've been with them before and renewed, or you had to shop around last time. All vehicle insurances are unfortunately going up all the time by the looks of it. Womens insurance has just recently gone up rather than blokes coming down to match it, or even just meeting half way, which I think is a bit of a rip-off and benefits only the insurance firms.

The bigger this list can be, the better IMO.

Let us know what van you insured, how much it was, and an approximate area you're in (as that's a biggy when it comes to insurance), and whether it includes tools over night, off-road parking, alarm, immobiliser and anything else you can think of that involved your quote.

Obviously if you have some speeding points and whatnot, it might go up, so rather than us all finding out about that publicly perhaps just let us know if it was based on a clean license etc instead.

A few firms to check (updated November 2016):-

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. Jurassic Sparks

Jurassic Sparks Regular EF Member

I am afraid that I do not use a van, where I live the local scum would target it and empty it, mainly members of the white transit dog selling community, they seem prevalant in our area
    also my clients dont want commercial vehicles on the drive so its white fleet for me
    standard estate car that you could lose in a tesco car park
    and class one insurance of course
    thanks for the tip though
    ps I dont pay very much insurance as I know all the tricks of the trade and avoid the targetted risks

3. Dan

You need some good van insurance and van security then matey!

I'm sure BT, VM and everybody else who services properties in your area don't use estate cars. Would look terribly unprofessional.

4. jeremy

jeremy Trusted Advisor

I'm with Aviva. 40k miles business, clean license, 1 accident, but protected ncb, legal cover and replacement van. £500. £786 cheaper than renewing with Commercial vehicle direct, who I was very unimpressed with last year. Very pleasantly surprised by Aviva cost, I must be getting old.

• Like Like x 1
  5. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Regular EF Member

any body tried bewiser insurance been with them long time every time my insurance is up
    I go on compare get has many quotes
    ring bewiser and see if they give a better price and ask the free rac recovery

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dan

7. Dan