Discuss Van stock?............. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Guess who's picking up their new(to me) van tomorrow! Bright yellow and 04 plate, cracker!.. this time next year rodders ...

Got my stocklist sorted and approved...
100meters of each:
1.5 t+e
2.5 t+e
3core and earth

Box of:
1 gang galv boxes
2 " " "
1 gang dry lining
2 " " "
1 gang surface mount
2 " " "

Earth, blue and brown sleeving
2 Photocells?
2 PIRs?

Pack of:
1 gang sockets
2 " "
Switch fused spurs
1 gang switch
2 " "
2 x 3 gang switch
2 x 4 " "
2 x intermediate switch
Pork pie joint box
20amp " "
32amp " "
Various Connector blocks/wagos
BC lamps
ES "
Various MCBs
Set of DB stickers
Grommet strip
All round band
Fixing tub
1.5/2.5 tub
Insulation tape
3, 5, 13amp plugtop fuses
Plugtops
2 x fan isolator switches

Said bigger cable like 6mm etc will be picked up for the job at hand and probably kept in there after.

add a couple of CW gland packs 20mm and 25mm., BS951s, 50m 10mm gn/y. 50m 6mm T/E, (you never know when a cooker install will come in.) a few m of 1.5mm and 2.5mm H/R flex (immersion heaters). a couple or 3 20A D/P switches.
a 45A Plate switch, a crabtree 50A shower pull switch.

Roughly I keep:

1 box of:

1G sockets
2G sockets
FCU's all flavours
blank plates
pendants
battens
20A switches all flavours
Light switches all flavours

And then...
50A 2G switch
45/50A 1G switch
Cooker control switch
A few lamps
back boxes - all flavours and sizes
henley blocks
MCB/RCBO's commonly used all ratings usually type B's and C's
CU parts commonly fitted
CU glands
Grommets blind, open etc
25mm and 16mm 3m tails
16mm earth
10mm earth
6mm earth
1.5 and 2.5 singles brown, blue, green
8 way MET's
Din rail
1.5, 2.5,4,6,10mm T&E
1.5 3 core
flex HR 1/5,2.5
5 core flex
3m of h05
A few rods and accessories
grommets all sizes
accessory screws all lengths
brass screws
BZP screws
stainless screws
Wages all sizes
Wago boxes
Wiska boxes
Line boxes
IP65 glands
cables clips all sizes for flex and T&E
metal cable clips
wall plugs various varieties
Crimps and heat shrink - various
Few bits of conduit accessories (main box kept elsewhere)
tube of conduit various
Tube of trunking various

Hope that helps?

Roughly I keep:

1 box of:

1G sockets
2G sockets
FCU's all flavours
blank plates
pendants
battens
20A switches all flavours
Light switches all flavours

And then...
50A 2G switch
45/50A 1G switch
Cooker control switch
A few lamps
back boxes - all flavours and sizes
henley blocks
MCB/RCBO's commonly used all ratings usually type B's and C's
CU parts commonly fitted
CU glands
Grommets blind, open etc
25mm and 16mm 3m tails
16mm earth
10mm earth
6mm earth
1.5 and 2.5 singles brown, blue, green
8 way MET's
Din rail
1.5, 2.5,4,6,10mm T&E
1.5 3 core
flex HR 1/5,2.5
5 core flex
3m of h05
A few rods and accessories
grommets all sizes
accessory screws all lengths
brass screws
BZP screws
stainless screws
Wages all sizes
Wago boxes
Wiska boxes
Line boxes
IP65 glands
cables clips all sizes for flex and T&E
metal cable clips
wall plugs various varieties
Crimps and heat shrink - various
Few bits of conduit accessories (main box kept elsewhere)
tube of conduit various
Tube of trunking various

Hope that helps?

10's, 20's, 50's?

Only a little panel van, I'll be given my jobs on a day to day basis so anything I do need but don't have will either be in my bosses van, ordered to the yard or already in the yard. Got a nice selection as well as bits in the yard like singles, flex etc.

It's a beauty boys and girls. Not as yellow as I thought :D
More a JCB Yellow than a trotters traders yellow :D
And a pay rise as well. Reet do :D

Also stalled it straight away! Haha
Bluetooth radio with controls on the radio. My favourite feature so far.

Talking about van stock - I managed a job today - 2 different lighting instals requiring trunking (had some D line) back boxes blanks then conduit run dual back box unswitched fcu all went a treat, I was finding things in my boxes to get the job done BUT no conduit CR box lid to finish - DOH. Had to trudge to the big orange shed to buy a new one.
Had a word with my wholesaler when I got back and bigged up B+Q for stocking CR boxes with lid, screws and a rubber gasket (all of which come separate at the wholesalers).
I do need a van though, Astra hatch is a tight squeeze. Roof rack on for a double ladder for tomorrow. It's fun this sparking game!

Just think RPA, it all adds to the fun of the job ;)

I've never had a van in all the years I've been in the job.
Always had a Hatchback, Estate or 4x4 & never felt the need for anything bigger.
Best one so far has been a Mitzi Pajero long wheelbase.

Talking about van stock - I managed a job today - 2 different lighting instals requiring trunking (had some D line) back boxes blanks then conduit run dual back box unswitched fcu all went a treat, I was finding things in my boxes to get the job done BUT no conduit CR box lid to finish - DOH. Had to trudge to the big orange shed to buy a new one.
Had a word with my wholesaler when I got back and bigged up B+Q for stocking CR boxes with lid, screws and a rubber gasket (all of which come separate at the wholesalers).
I do need a van though, Astra hatch is a tight squeeze. Roof rack on for a double ladder for tomorrow. It's fun this sparking game!
I have no idea what cr trunking is :D

Conduit box with 1 exit - round lid missing to finish the job. Didn't even knock the door - got my ladder out, screwdriver fitted then packed up home!
Sorry a lot of words in last text - all to say 1 part missing!

Reply to Van stock?............. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net