Discuss Vax pressure washer inline fuse in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good morning all,
I have a 2500W Vax pressure washer, almost 3 years old, but only light summer use, could be described 'as new'. Pressure washing the decking the other day, Mrs wanted to cut the hedge so I let her use the long decent quality outdoor extension, I used a short indoor extension instead, shortly after the pressure washer stopped working, no drama, just stopped.
yes, I now know, two mistakes - inappropriate extension cable and 2 high draw appliances on the same circuit. Upshot - blown internal in line fuse, marked 13A 250V but only a small 20mm x 5mm cartridge fuse.
Vax wont help, out of warranty, wont supply and don't have info on internal parts!
Nearest fuse I can find is 12.5A on farnell.com but various choices on what I assume is the max load rating, from 125A upwards. Which one do I need?
Thanks for reading, I hope someone can help, don't want to take Vax's offer of 'a deal on a new one' just for a replacement fuse!

Good morning all,
I have a 2500W Vax pressure washer, almost 3 years old, but only light summer use, could be described 'as new'. Pressure washing the decking the other day, Mrs wanted to cut the hedge so I let her use the long decent quality outdoor extension, I used a short indoor extension instead, shortly after the pressure washer stopped working, no drama, just stopped.
yes, I now know, two mistakes - inappropriate extension cable and 2 high draw appliances on the same circuit. Upshot - blown internal in line fuse, marked 13A 250V but only a small 20mm x 5mm cartridge fuse.
Vax wont help, out of warranty, wont supply and don't have info on internal parts!
Nearest fuse I can find is 12.5A on farnell.com but various choices on what I assume is the max load rating, from 125A upwards. Which one do I need?
Thanks for reading, I hope someone can help, don't want to take Vax's offer of 'a deal on a new one' just for a replacement fuse!
Where was the blown internal in line fuse installed??

After the on/off switch, positive wire to the motor
Sorry don't mean to sound holier than thou, but what made you take the cover off of the machine? doing that would invalidate any warranty, is there a BS number on the fuse?

No bs number, a couple of very small symbols, looks like UL inside a circle. Followed by SA inside a C, apart from that just 13A 250V
Thanks Mate, I can only think the machine must have a bad fault somewhere to knock out a 13a fuse, your best bet would be to get it to an appliance repair outfit, and get the them to give you a quote for repairs, it does seem strange however to have a 13Amp fuse internally installed, as the plug top would have a Maximum fuse of 13Amps.

Good morning all,
I have exactly the same issue, same machine, did you find a solution deane

Good morning all,
Hi Dean, did you find a supply I have the same problem

Good morning all,
Hi Dean, did you find a supply I have the same problem

Reply to Vax pressure washer inline fuse in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net