Discuss Veritas 8 alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

andylad303

Hi, first time post here. I am having a problem with the above alarm. When I do a full set before I leave my home the alarm works normally, upon returning to my home I have to go through my conservatory first of all which has a magnetic sensor on the door, this starts the time delay on my alarm, my keypad is in the kitchen next to the conservatory, as soon as I enter into the kitchen the PIR in there detects me and the alarm instantly sounds until I cancel it on the keypad. Am I right in thinking that as soon as my Zone 1 (conservatory door) has been activated and the timer starts then I should be able to enter my kitchen without the alarm going off to get to my keypad. Ideas anyone. thankyou

Hi, first time post here. I am having a problem with the above alarm. When I do a full set before I leave my home the alarm works normally, upon returning to my home I have to go through my conservatory first of all which has a magnetic sensor on the door, this starts the time delay on my alarm, my keypad is in the kitchen next to the conservatory, as soon as I enter into the kitchen the PIR in there detects me and the alarm instantly sounds until I cancel it on the keypad. Am I right in thinking that as soon as my Zone 1 (conservatory door) has been activated and the timer starts then I should be able to enter my kitchen without the alarm going off to get to my keypad. Ideas anyone. thankyou
you can programme you kitchen sensor also for time delay so you get time to put your code in without your alarm going off,how to do that is in the user manual

you need the kitchen pir on walk through,inhibit i think it is on a veritas,will be in the install manual

Many terms for it i know it as 'intermediate' - so kitchen needs asigning as this or whatever veritas call it, what this does once set up is it will allow you to walk passed as long as the alarm is timing entry or exit, if the panel isnt timing the pir in kitchen will act as immediate alarm. Just to nosey is this a new install and your setting it up or has it been in a while and suddenly done this?

First of all you need the enginners code ( not sure if it works from the user code ). If you havent got it, there are ways to reset the panel but cant really put that on an open forum. The factory default code is 1234. Enter the code them press prog, followed by 1, then the zone number for your conservatory, the lights will show what type that zone is set for (probably 3 for guard), to change to entry exit press 6, followed by prog, and the system will chime to confirm the changes - press reset and thats it done.

First of all you need the enginners code ( not sure if it works from the user code ). If you havent got it, there are ways to reset the panel but cant really put that on an open forum. The factory default code is 1234. Enter the code them press prog, followed by 1, then the zone number for your conservatory, the lights will show what type that zone is set for (probably 3 for guard), to change to entry exit press 6, followed by prog, and the system will chime to confirm the changes - press reset and thats it done.

If you read the original post the entry / exit cct is ok. The OP needs to identify the zone number of the kitchen pir and set it to Zone Type "2" inhibited entry. Instructions as previous post just use the kitchen zone number and set to option 2

Reply to Veritas 8 alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock