Discuss Very old cut out info in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Please expand on this.......

Ze readings gave me infinity, Zs was good, all bonding in place. So flat was earthed through metal gas pipe. If you look at first photo there is metal conduit which takes tails to the flat but it was not connected to the enclosure therefore no earth to the flat. They did put earth clamp on this conduit and run 16mm earth to the MET inside property but forgot to do it on the other end. All flats are like this...
I did put link to get my Ze...

Very old cut out info 20161213_092058 - EletriciansForums.net

Silly question But:

That earth connection to the mains incoming, is that clamp just put over the paint, or has it been cleared for a good connection?

From the photo it looks like its just on top of paint.

:eek:Check the MOCOPA guide to see what it thinks about BS951 clamps attached to the incoming cable. As a matter of interest what was your Ze after you interfered err sorry interacted with the DNO equipment?;)

I have seen several of these but all are after the DNO/Meter. Used as fused isolators for control panels and such like.

On a separate note I contacted the DNO to get my cut out head upgraded from a 60 amp fuse with at best a 6mm (but more like 4mm) sweated on earth to a nice new 100amp with 10mm earth to MET. All because I was going to get two electric showers and an induction hob fitted, honest!

They did let slip that they had to up grade all 60A supplies is a reasonable request was made.

@kropaske they must change it by 2010 it says it in that guide I think. And for free. I am just amazed the DNO attended and left it like that, seriously negligent I would be having a head fit with them. In the nicest possible way!

@kropaske they must change it by 2010 it says it in that guide I think. And for free. I am just amazed the DNO attended and left it like that, seriously negligent I would be having a head fit with them. In the nicest possible way!

I need to read this guide properly and get as many codes as possible and let customer to deal with them - all in writing rather then over the phone.
When i phoned 1st time about Ze and no earth they said "its not our problem" - i am kind of lost a bit as about a year ago i had same issue with Ze on another job. I' ve ask customer to rang them and they were there couple of hours later digging the concrete and repair cable.

When i phoned them 2nd time about cut out the guy said we will send someone to do "safety check".
When the dno guy came i've ask him to give me some report - he said "we dont do reports", so i have ask him is it safe - he said "i am not saying anything" - this is some kind of joke.

Is the neutral bar isolated from the enclosure.
Looks like it is, the neutral bar seems to be bolted through ebonite insulating bushes to those metal brackets.

The BS951 clamp on the incomer appears to have been fitted to the brass sweating thimble above the wiped joint. If this is the case, then it poses no danger to the cable and is probably the best way to make a remedial connection to the incomer. Obviously one should never put that type of clamp on the lead sheath itself because it can easily crush and short the cable.

Nice that it has METESCo (METropolitan Electric Supply Co) cast into the door. Save it if you can!

Reply to Very old cut out info in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock