Discuss video entry in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening chaps
hope your all having as fun as a Friday night as me!

quoting for 3 flats in 1 building

-they want vid entry

any recommendations of a kit that is decent but not the world! seen prices range from £100-1000

would need 1x 3way buzzer then 3 phones/screens
guessing the actually lock part so door can be opened

in terms of installation- is it just a feed to buzzer and screens and cat6 between the buzzer and screens?

cheers men

Evening chaps
hope your all having as fun as a Friday night as me!

quoting for 3 flats in 1 building

-they want vid entry

any recommendations of a kit that is decent but not the world! seen prices range from £100-1000

would need 1x 3way buzzer then 3 phones/screens
guessing the actually lock part so door can be opened

in terms of installation- is it just a feed to buzzer and screens and cat6 between the buzzer and screens?

cheers men
Does the kit come with an installation manual?

so if they want the option to open the door via the phone inside the flats- then that is when the ball ache of break glasses etc are needed?

if they just have the option to see who's calling- then they have to physically open the door themselves- no need for the break glasses etc?

or have I misunderstood what mag lock is!

so if they want the option to open the door via the phone inside the flats- then that is when the ball ache of break glasses etc are needed?

if they just have the option to see who's calling- then they have to physically open the door themselves- no need for the break glasses etc?

or have I misunderstood what mag lock is!

Generally the entrance is going to be a fire exit so if it is then the your going to have to install extra equipment if a mag lock is used as its a magnet holding the door shut so break glass, request to exit, linking it to a relay in the fire alarm and so on. If it's a electric mortice release lock then the door can be exited in the normal way. So depending on the spec and type of door the easier option imo would be the mortice lock. It would be pretty pointless having a door entry phone which then the occupier has to then manually open the door.

I have just installed a bellissimo system and it was good as I have not done a great deal of door entry before, it's simple to wire just like painting by numbers ;), just be aware that the door controller and video controller are 2 separate wiring centres so as long as you've got room in an electrical cupboard it should be fine if you require a trade button they do a time clock for them aswell.

Reply to video entry in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net