Discuss Visonic wireless alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

onions1066

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just looking for a bit of advise from any of the alarm guys. Went to look at a mates alarm today it is a visonic wireless version. The story behind what happened is the battery's ran low in a sensor the batterys were replaced but the lid want put back on properly. So numerous faults were relayed to the panel and it seems to of clogged the memory. I can do nothing with the alarm it just reads memory trouble. Has anyone come across these alarms or this fault who can give me any advice. Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399321149013.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399321173240.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399321199010.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 25
Jamming suggests the panel is constantly picking up a signal, and hence thinks its being jammed.....suggest there is a cover off one or more of the detectors, once closed system should reset itself, within a few minutes.

Cheers tazz I'll go and have another look. The guy who installed it went to have a look and said the memory is jammed and requires a full new alarm install. I don't know much about wireless but sounds a bit far fetched.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Q:Display shows [SYSTEM JAMMED] – what should I do?

A:
This is an important feature as panels in a constant jamming mode can not hear other transmitters on the system which causes inactivity and testing problems. To fix this problem, check if there is anything around the panel that could be causing RF interferences, for example, baby monitor, WiFi transmitter, door bell etc. To eliminate anything within the home, if possible, turn off the main electricity supply.

From the visonic FAQ page

Reply to Visonic wireless alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net